xviii

"A little bird told me that you were the one behind all this", Cheng whispered as he pulled back from the hug. "I don't know what you are talking about", i teased making him smile. "Where has he been hiding you?", an older version of him asked making us turn to him and Cheng release a breath. "Am Jason by the way, the one with the looks", he said making me giggle. "Hi, am Lina. It's nice to meet you", i replied still nervous, when i looked behind Jason i saw the rest of the Young family coming our way. I grabbed Cheng's hand and squeezed tight without looking at him, i felt him get closer with his hand on my waist. "Oh my god! I thought Kelly was lying to me. You truly are a gorgeous one", an asian hour glass woman said pulling me in for a hug. I was still holding on to Cheng when she pulled back. "Oh where are my manners. I am Lucy, your new Mum", she said with the most brightest smile. "It's nice to meet you", i said clearly shy. And she noticed and gave me a knowing smile. "Everyone, this is Lina. Lina this is my father Michael, our oldest sister Nikita, then Jason, Mia is the fourth and finally Anthony", he finished the introductions leaving them with smiling faces. "It's really nice to finally meet you all", i said and watched as his father squeezed his mother's shoulder making her lean into him with a smile. I guess they like me. "You are coming for the barbecue right?", Nikita asked. "Yes, Cheng told me about it so yes i will be there", i replied watching her smile getting bigger. That is a good sign i hope.

"Hey, calm down, everything is going to be ok", he said kissing my forehead as we walked into his parent's house. It was easy for him to day, it was his family. I thought of what Leo would say when he meets Cheng. His opinion mattered to me and so did my Mum and Dad's. I released a breath making Cheng turn to me with a smile. "Well for a person who runs a multi million dollar company you sure look like a scared pussy right now", he whispered making me smile. I never thought that he could say such words, he looked so mature, unfortunately, i was wrong. "I can't wait for your turn", i pushed back, "Oh please Riverson will kill me before i even step in the house", his answer made me laugh. I was expecting something like 'They love me already' or 'bring it on'. "Lina, come let me give you a tour", Lucy said pulling me away from Cheng. He winked at me making me smile nervously. 

His mother was a ball of energy and i just didn't know how she was able to make him, he was the complete opposite. "Your house is beautiful Mrs. Young", i said when we reached the starting point. "Oh thank you dear, please call me Lucy or Mum. Wine?", she asked before going to the fridge. "Yes thank you", i replied sitting at the table that was in the kitchen, she pored two glasses and came to join me. "So how did you two meet?", she asked while gently pushing one glass infront of me. "My family and i were on vacation and we went to eat at one of his restaurants", i said recalling the day. "He is always so uptight when he is working did he say anything romantic?", Lucy said with excitement. "Well he kind of did something nice i guess, my ex was obsessed with him and he pushed me a bit too rough, i almost fell and he caught me. I guess that could be counted as a kind gesture", i said making her eyes go wide. "You met him when you were with your family and ex?", she asked in shock. "Yes, he is kind of obsessed with becoming a chef just like Cheng", i said sipping on my wine. "Bad break up?", she asked and i could only nod. "How did you know?", i asked feeling even more comfortable to ask the mother of my boyfriend such a question. Well she looked friendly enough. "Well for starters i have seen that look on Cheng before, he had this girlfriend and he was head over heels for her but she broke up with him out of nowhere and it broke him. It made him almost inhuman and just like that, my bubbly energetic son was gone", she said looking deep in thought. "But i also went through it once that is why it hurt me alot to see my son go through it too. It's hard to make him open up you know, he is just happy in his own space and when he told me he wanted to be a chef i just thought it would be a lost course, i mean an introvert cooking! imagine my shock when he got his first award, i remember screaming and Michael almost having a heart attack thinking we were being robbed", she was so serious but i had to laugh, her gestures were all over the place and she was just so funny. "I think he is the only son that has managed to bring out most panic attacks, my other babies are amazing and i love them for it because Cheng was energetic enough for the rest of them", she finished sipping her wine. When i looked at my glass it was empty as well.