𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 :: 𝒉𝒊𝒎?!

CORA walked into school, sighing quietly. Oliver walked behind her, unbeknownst to her. He grabbed her shoulders and she yelped, turning around and slapping his arm.

Oliver laughed, walking towards their lockers.

"You are so annoying!" Cora said, slapping his shoulder.

"Stop slapping me, Cor!" He said, looking at her.

Cora rolled her eyes, grabbing some stuff from her locker.

Oli stared at her while she wasn't looking. He quickly looked away once she slammed the locker.

"You alright?" She asked, running her fingers through her hair.

Oli nodded, resting his forehead on their locker shelf. "Fine," he managed to say, sighing at himself before starting to walk to class.

Cora scrambled to follow him, almost dropping her phone. She waved at Vienne, which made Oliver roll his eyes. They weren't even dating her and they were overprotective.

Cora finally caught up with Oli. "What is up with you today? You usually talk to me and wait for me."

"Nothing's up, Cor," He replied, shaking his head. "My uncle brought up my dad last night, so."

Cora groaned. "I will fight him."

"He's, like, six foot five, Armistead. You're, like, five foot five."

"You're only four inches taller, Arison. Can't say anything."

Oli laughed. Cora was literally the only person who could make him laugh in times like this.

"Wh- what'd he say?"

"He asked if mom was still in contact with him. And then went off about how it was my mom's fault he left," Oli admitted shakily.

Cora, being the best best friend ever, reached for his hand. "It's alright, Oli."

He sucked in a breath and looked away from her. He was screaming inside, and next to him, so was she.

He took his hand out of hers to open the classroom door, letting her in first.

Cora grinned. "Thank you so much,"she said, putting a fake accent on.

Oliver laughed. "You're so very welcome,"he said with the same accent, and the two burst into laughter. A couple people gave them weird looks, but they could care less.

They did their special handshake, before parting to go to their seats. Oli had to sit in the front, because at the beginning of the year, it was the only open seat.

Cora moved to her seat in the back, barely noticing Mattie staring at her. Their seats were next to each other, because at the start of the year, they were dating.

Mattie opened his mouth to say something to her, but Cora pretended she was all caught up in her phone because she didn't want to cry seeing him.

Mattie sighed quietly and shook his head, before listening to their homeroom teacher drone on and on about something. He glanced at her every so often.

When class finished Cora quickly grabbed all her stuff and made her way towards Oli, pulling him out the door before anyone could say anything.

Oli yelped and followed her quickly so that she wouldn't pull his arm off.

"Cor, my little bestie, chill. You can't do this 'get mad at Mattie' thing every single day,"Oli said, pulling her to a stop.

Cora looked at him with a fire in her eyes. "I can't just 'chill' Oliver! He ruined me, and has the audacity to still sit by me!"

Oli rolled his eyes. "Cor. We literally can't switch seats."

Cora nodded. "I know, I know."

Oli smiled. "So let's finish out the day. It's not that bad, Cor."

***

Agatha sighed quietly, staring at Cora in the cafeteria. The girl played with her hair, her eyes caught on her ex-girlfriend.

Cora glanced over but quickly looked away. Agatha groaned and dropped her head onto the table.

"She hates me,"Agatha said, groaning, not lifting her head up.

"She hates all of her exes. I'm kidding! She doesn't hate you,"Mattie said, dropping his tray next to hers.

Cassinova came and sat by them. "She doesn't. Believe me,"she said, biting into a soggy french fry. She made a face and swallowed it. "Gross."

CJ sat with them. "Are all of Cora's exes, like, gathering here today?"

"No. I hope not,"Agatha said, furrowing her eyebrows.

Mattie laughed. "Chill, Ag, it's been, like, months since you two broke up. For me, it's only been two months."

"And she's in love with that annoying kid,"Vienne chimed in, sitting down gracefully.\

"What?" Skye yelled, quieting all of the kids down.

Robin looked at him, trailing behind. "Chill, lover boy."

Skye glared at her. "But she can't be in love with someone else!"

"Do you even know who she's in love with?"Nova asked, looking at him through her pink hair.

Skye hesitated. ". . . No."

"Oliver. Oliver Arison,"Agatha said, not lifting her head from the table.

"Who?"Skye asked.

"Him. The one she always hangs out with,"Robin explained.

CJ nodded. "The one with the dark hair. He's not that bad."

"Not as good as any of us,"Agatha muttered, rolling her eyes. No one could even see it. The girl refused to lift her head.