Ch. 8

Sophia opened her eyes to see a strangely familiar place. She saw to also very recognisable boys along with a petite, tan girl. She knew she had seen them somewhere but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

She felt groggy, and had a huge headache but she tried to forget about it as she saw the two boys looking worriedly at her.

"Where am I?" She spoke softly.

Damon and Stefan took in a sharp breath. They hadn't heard her voice in years, it was like little soft chimes clinging against they're ears.

Damon looked at Stefan expectantly, knowing he would probably know what to say or do in this situation, but Stefan only gave him a look and turned back to Sophia who was staring at them expectantly.

"Umm, Sophie?" He said in a light voice that was clear with hope.

Sophie's eyes widened, "How do you know my name?"

Damon suddenly felt his heart drop. She doesn't remember us. He didn't know how this was actually possible but she was here, well if it was even her.

"Who are you? Why am I here? Please, don't hurt me!" She screeched panicking when they didn't answer her.

Hurt her? What does she mean?  Damon thought.

Stefan sighed. It hurt to see his possible, maybe, maybe not little sister to be like this. What he wanted to know was what the actual hell was going on. Is this kid really his baby sister? What if she was some kind of doppelgänger? That's not possible, stupid, she would've had to have kids.  But what if she was reincarnated? They did watch her die and they did bury her.

Stefan's head started spinning with random thoughts, but they were caught off by Damon's gruff voice.

"Stefan, a word please?"

Stefan stepped out of the living room with Damon, who was now pouring himself yet another drink of Bourbon. He knew his brother was thinking the same thing as him. What the hell is happening?  With one swift look into his blue eyes, Stefan could already know this was paining Damon as much as it did him. Grudgingly, he poured himself a drink as well, earning a surprised look from his brother. 

"What are we going to do? What if she really is our sister, Stefan? And what the hell did she mean by hurt her?" Damon started firing questions at Stefan, questions he really didn't know how to answer.

"Look, Damon, I don't know what to do either. But we can start by asking her, maybe, not leaving her alone in a couch with a stranger in a strange house." Stefan suggested with a knowing look. 

Damon gave his little brother a glare, meaning that he could've thought of that too, but no, Stefan always had to be right. He started walking towards the living room again, when Stefan stopped him as he remembered something.

"Wait," He stated. "When I found her, she was running from a man that worked in a shop, he was going to hit her. I stopped him before he could hurt her any more, since she was already hurt enough as it was. I saw her stealing food from his shop."

Damon was fuming at the thought of some strange man hurting his baby sister, but he kept himself calm. "What are you trying to say, Stefan?"

"I think she was living on the streets, Damon" Stefan sighed.

"Oh." Was all Damon could say. He felt pity for his -maybe- baby sister. He couldn't stand the fact that this could be true. "Well, at least she is safe now." I hope. The word safety meant nothing in Mystic Falls. It was the home of all things supernatural.

Stefan heard those words come out of Damon's mouth and instantly doubted them too. Who knows if they could actually keep a seven year old safe in this kind of town?

A shrill scream rang through their ears and they instantly panicked. It was Sophia.

They both sped back to the living room, where a man they both knew too well stood there in front of the kid.

"Elijah Mikaelson. Always a pleasure to have you barging in to our home." Damon spat out.

Elijah Mikaelson, one of the oldest vampires to roam the earth, was standing there with an amused look plastered on to his face. "Damon Salvatore, always a pleasure to annoy." He answered back with his posh accent. "Would you like to introduce me to this youngster?"

Both brother's looked back at the frightened little girl but none of them answered. They could only see the fear in her eyes.

"Well then, I'll just ask her myself." He spoke. He crouched down to her size and look straight into here eyes. He was going to compel her. The brothers didn't stop him. Why? They wanted to know too.

"Who are you?" Elijah asked.

Sophia's pupils dilated as she spoke. "My name is Sophia. I am an orphan, but I ran away a few months ago and I have been living on the streets since then."

"Why did you run away?" Elijah asked.

"T-They hit me." She stuttered to answer. This caused Stefan and Damon's ears to perk up.

"Who hit you?" Damon growled.

Elijah gave him a look that told him Calm down before I kill you myself. "Who hit you?" Elijah asked.

"Everyone. The care-taker, the boys, the girls. Everyone." She answered back.

"Okay, I think that's enough questions for one day." Stefan stepped in. "Sophia? Are you okay?"

"I don't think I ever will be." Sophia spoke with a clear voice. She won't be okay. And she meant it.

———-

AND THERE IT IS! FINALLY!! I AM SORRY I TOOK SO LONG!! BUT HERE IT IS AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!

THANK YOU!!!!

-A