Ch. 16

At The Mystic Grille

Connor held Jeremy tight in his arm, while the other arm out down the knife to hang up the recent phone call with Damon. Connor knew Damon would speed down to the restaurant with all his rage, and if he was lucky, he would bring Elena and the other Salvatore brother. 

Jeremy squirmed under his hold, and as it got tighter, the hunter's forearm would press down to his trachea, slightly choking him. 

"If you keep squirming, you'll only end up dead." Connor threatened. 

His arm was getting tired, so he used his free arm to reach for the gun in his pocket. "Sit," he spat to Jeremy. "One move and I'll blow your brains out."

Jeremy only responded with an icy glare, but knew that Connor wouldn't kill him, well he hoped so. Eventually, he sat down and didn't say a word. He looked at Connor's arm, which was covered with an array of intricate tattoos. Jeremy always had a fascination with tattoos, but Connor's called out his attention even more. He could tell there was a story behind the tattoo art, and he couldn't help but be curious of what it meant. The tattoo mesmerised him, almost as if it was calling out to him.  The tattoo was filled with ancient lettering and drawings, which increased as it reached his biceps. He noticed it days ago, when he first saw Connor in the Grille while he was hanging out with Matt. He mentioned it to Matt, but he didn't seem to see the tattoo as Jeremy did. It confused him, but ever thought anything else about it. 

"Your tattoo," Jeremy asked. "What does it mean?"

Connor was shocked at the teenager's words. "You can see it?" His shock was clear in his voice. 

"Uh, yeah. Why wouldn't I be able to see it. It's huge." Jeremy asked confusedly. 

 This would work out perfectly. A smirk grew in his lips, his eyes filling with a sense of realisation. Jeremy was a hunter. He had the sensation before, but he was never exactly sure. But now that there was another hunter, he knew exactly what he had to do. 

"It's a hunter's mark. And only hunters can see it." He told him, with the smug look still on his face. 

Doubt filled Jeremy's eyes. "Well, I'm not a hunter so why can I see it?" 

"Are you sure about that, Gilbert? Think about it. Didn't your father spend his whole life hunting creatures like your sister? It's in your blood, kid."

Jeremy was clearly shocked, and didn't hold it back as he looked at the hunter in front of him.

"Exactly." Smirked Connor. "And I'm willing to tell you everything you need to know, but only if you're willing to help me as well."

Jeremy gave him a dry, sarcastic laugh. "You seriously expect me to help you when you have a knife and  gun pointing at me, and when you threatened to kill me like five minutes ago!" 

"Okay," He sniggered, knowing the teenager was right. "I won't tell you anything. I won't tell you how it is a necessity for a hunter for kill, oh not even that. It's an instinct, an addiction. And once you kill your first vampire, you won't be able to stop, and pretty soon, your best friends, your sister, they will all be dead because of you. But if you let me help you, you won't have to do that. I can help you control this, Jeremy."

Jeremy's smile faltered into a grim look. He glared at Connor, his eyes pure with hatred. "You won't have to, because I will never kill anyone, not even a vampire, and I will never hurt my sister."

"Alright-" Connor was cut off by someone suddenly choking him. For a second split second, he almost dropped the knife and the gun he was holding. Jeremy, coming quickly to his senses, quickly grabbed both weapons and pointed them at Connor.