Chapter 1: Amanda

I asked a bunch of people if I could sit next to them. Most declined politely, but some were so rude as to even let me sit and then make me leave by force. I guess this is what I get for not having too many friends.

"Psst! Cain!"
I looked over at the voice calling me and sighed. There was another option. Near the back , waving like a maniac, was my childhood friend Amanda Park.

Amanda had her gold-brown hair untied and wore her signature pink headband. It seems like she had gotten a new pair of glasses, but when I looked closely, it looked like she had hand painted her old frame. You could tell from her smile that she would say good morning a thousand times if she could.

"Hey Cain! Sit here!!"

Usually Trent would back me up and keep her occupied, but today it looks like I'm stuck with her. It's not that I don't like her or anything, but sometimes she can get a bit..."energetic". And I'm not good with energetic people. Actually scratch that, I'm horrible with people in general.

"Caaaaaain! C'mon!"
"Hey man keep your girlfriend quiet!" An angry student yelled.
Great, just what I needed, more people getting involved.

Apparently Amanda wasn't fazed by that comment; she continued to gesture me to sit next to her. I really didnt want to, and rejecting her would be good revenge for embarrassing me.

Then again she's still a close friend, and frankly my legs were going to kill me if I stood up any longer.

I carefully take a seat beside her, hoping I don't accidentally trigger her.

"What's wrong hm? You look sad! C'mon let's see that smile!"

Well ,so much for that.

The rest of the bus ride was uneventful aside from Amanda's occasional outbursts of laughter, which caused most of the bus to stare at her.

This is why I tend to shut myself out of the world- because I don't want to hate it.

Still, I couldn't help but admire her. Sure she may have a few flaws, but she's pretty, gets good grades, and is confident enough to yell in a bus. She has lots of friends, but chooses to hang out with me and Trent often too.

I was snapped out of my line of thought abruptly with the screech of the brakes.
I got off the bus quickly to avoid further conversation with her ; I wasn't sure how much longer I could ignore her before she realizes and gets emotional.

I soon realized it was a waste of energy, we were classmates after all.

In the corner of my eye I saw what I could have sworn was the same figure when I got on the bus. I turn towards it to get a better look, but before I could react, Amanda grabs me and "accompanies" me to the classroom with a mischievous grin on her face.

I hate my life.