nineteen

chapter nineteen[ i've seen it too ]

chapter nineteen
[ i've seen it too ]

mike had asked mel if she wanted to stay over at his house, since she had told him about her and hoppers constant arguing, but she said no.

mel now walked through the woods as the sun was setting. it was a little chilly, but luckily she had her jacket which was keeping her warm.

the cabin was now in view and she spotted hopper standing on the porch, probably waiting for eleven, with a cigarette in his mouth.

she sighed and walked up the steps, then into the cabin. she threw her bag onto the floor and walked over to the sink, grabbing a paper towel, wetting it and then placing it on the side of her head.

"was she with you?" hopper asked from outside.

"no, i was at school dad." melissa answered, walking over to the door.

he noticed the blood on the paper towel and furrowed his eyebrows, "why are you bleeding?"

shit, what do i say? cant say "oh el threw me into a wall at school" make up something.
lie lie lie.

"slammed my head on a desk." she said with a shrug, "i'm fine."

although hopper didn't believe her, he nodded and watched as melissa walked into her room and slammed the door.

as melissa sat down on her bed, she heard a loud slam and footsteps, "friends don't lie, isn't that your bullshit saying?" she heard hopper ask.

melissa groaned and closed her eyes, knowing an argument was about to happen.

"hey! hey! hey!" hopper yelled as el walked into her room and tried slamming the door shut but hopper caught it, "don't walk away from me! where'd you go on your little field trip, huh?"

melissa stood up and opened her door a little, wanting to see the argument unfold.

"where?" hopper glared at eleven as she took off her jacket and threw it onto her bed, "did you go see mike?"

"he didn't see me." eleven answered.

"yeah, well that mother and her daughter did. and they called the cops." hopper said as he walked into the room and stood in front of eleven, "now, did anyone see you? anyone at all?"

"damn it." mel cursed, not being able to see now.

"come on, i need you to think!" hopper shouted.

"nobody saw me!" eleven yelled, finally speaking up, "only melissa did!"

she did not.

"you put us in danger," hopper sighed, ignoring the last bit of elevens sentence, "you realize that, right?"

"you promised..." eleven pointed a finger at him, "i go. and i never leave! nothing ever happens!" she shouted.