Chapter 3

POV ALEX

"So, when did you start getting into stuff like this?" Dina asks me, sipping her tea.

"13. But I didn't start doing missions until 18."

"So, you're like Black widow?" She asks with a glimmer in her eyes.

"Um-" I'm not sure how to respond to that.

"Sorry if that's strange to say, but I just admire people like that. What you do is so cool and dangerous."

"I mean yea, but what about you? What you have is admirable too." I say trying to push topic off me. She talks like we've known each other forever.

"What I have is only a title. 'The Mafia Man's daughter'. Or 'The second born'. Not much else." She takes another sip.

(Now people, what I'm about to do is a very dangerous move. It's called 'Oblivious'. It's meant to help you gain information without the other person knowing they're giving you information. It's honestly quite easy to see through, so pick your targets carefully. Sorry Dina.)

"What about the mafia? You could run that or part of it. Maybe even split it."

"Highly unlikely. Unless Diego decides otherwise. Or if I was born first." She mumbled that last part. "I have no other duty, but to look pretty and be spoiled."

So, it's a one-man team type thing. How in the hell is that fair?

We then hear the front door open. Dina says her mom and dad are back home. She brings me with her to greet them.

Her mom has curly short, dark brown hair with chestnut eyes. Her eyes seemed kind like her daughter's. But I can't say the same for Diego.

Mr. Guerrero didn't have shades on this time, showing his hazel eyes. Being able see them makes him look even more intimidating.

"Miel (Honey)!" Her mom says while hugging her and showering her with kisses. She then notices me standing behind Dina.

"Alexandria?" She asks. Never thought I could hear or correct my name this much.

I just flash her a smile and hold my hand out to shake, but she hugs me instead. Very affectionate family. I don't like it.

"Welcome to the family!" She gives me a smile back. Welcome to the family?

"Hope Diego isn't give you too hard of a time." Mr. Guerrero says.

"He's a kid. I'll cut him some slack." The family laughs at my comment.

"So, she can say that?" Diego says from behind me.

"Because you are a child." His mom says. "It's embarrassing Diego."

"Tch." His jaw clenches. I can't help but give him an amused smile. He flicks me off before walking to the kitchen.

"Will you be joining us tonight, Alexandria?" Mrs. Guerrero asks.

"Alex." Mr. Guerrero corrects her.

"No, she has plans." Diego answers for me.

"Plans to be with you guys."

He darts me a glare.

*Time Skip - 8:15*

"Hurry up now! We'll be late!" Mr. Guerrero says from downstairs.

"Ok Alex, come out." Dina says.

I walk out of her closet to reveal my look. I'm wearing an elegant, dark navy blue, dress with one long sleeve and a sleek slit. My hair is in a high bun with multiple strands hanging out. My make-up is a blended-look of brown and tan with a light beige lipstick.

"I'd marry you if I was into that." Dina jokes.

Dina is wearing a white, thin strap, high slit dress with a more natural make-up look.

"Your dress is more marriage material than mine." I say to her.

"And you'd still be the lucky one." She winks at me.

"Stop Dina." I say as if she's my best friend. What is going on?

I fix parts of my hair in the mirror as Diego walks into the room and sees our looks. He's wearing the white suit from earlier with his hair still messy, but more formally appropriate.

"Wow." He says looking my way. "Nice wallpaper Dina. You change it?"

"It's been like that for years Diego. Just say Alex looks hot and move on." Her tone sounding annoyed.

"Why would I lie?" He looks me over and sucks in his bottom lip.

"It's not nice to stare, darling." I mock him.

"Don't worry, this is the last look you'll get tonight, darling." He mocks back before leaving the room.

"The sexual tension is real." Dina mumbles to herself. She's a loud mumbler.

We finish up our looks and walk out to the car. I call Xavier and let him know I won't be attending his show tonight. Makes me feel a bit guilty.

"So where are we going?" I ask Dina.

"You don't know? There's an art exhibit being held at Glass Hall. Daddy and Diego have business there." Glass hall? That's where Xavier's art show is being held.

Coincidence?

We arrive at the museum. It's packed with cars and people. We're luckily on the VIP list, so we get in before some who have been waiting almost hours for open tables.

We head towards our assigned seats as I observe my surroundings. I recognize some people here. Some I've met, others I've heard of and only seen pictures of.

"Alex?" I hear a voice call out. I think I'm gonna change my name.

I turn around and see Xavier standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here? You said you couldn't come!" His face full of confusion.

"I just found out we were heading here."

"We?"

"I'm here with them." His face lights up with excitement, but quickly dials back down.

"So, you just so happened to be coming here?" He asks a little suspicious.

"Don't keep questioning me Xavier." I say grabbing two glasses of champagne from a tray passing by. "Here." I hand him one. He takes it hesitantly.

"Well, you are here, so I forgive you." He takes a sip.

"I wasn't apologizing." I mumble to myself.

"Oh my gosh, Alex!" I hear Dina call out. "Mateo is here! He's here!" She grabs onto my arm, almost making me spill my drink.

Who is Mateo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HE'S HERE Y'ALL!!!

1019 Words

-SophisticatedSaint