Chapter 5.

Me and Crystal get to our fist class and see that there are no chairs or any desks and stuff in the room, and the floor is covered on mats. As people started piling in behind us, they stopped and looked just as confused as me and Crystal are.

"Welcome freshman! I see you noticed that there isn't any chairs, that's because this class doesn't require you to sit in a boring, hard, wooden chair. We are going to be practicing relaxation and connection. And to do that, we need to first practice in a comfortable place, and some days we might even be outside" the teacher explained, a smile grew on my face "come and sit down, we are going to be sitting in a circle"

I pulled my jacket off and put it by the door along with everyone else's, then sat down indian style beside Crystal in the forming circle. The teacher waited till we were all sitting then walked into the middle.

"For those of you who do not know, I am professor Aidan. I am your channeling teacher for this year, we are going to learn how to relax in this class. Trust me it sounds easy, but what we will be learning is not"he said pacing in the circle. "We will start off by relaxing, then progress into being able to block anything out besides what you are focusing on. If you re able to do that, we will move on to channeling your magic. Now don't get to excited, the steps it takes to actually you use it is allot different than you think."

"Picture this, magic is energy. What type of energy can you feel?" He asked, a guy raised his hand. "Yes sir?"

"Um, like electricity?" The guy asked.

"Close... Anyone else?" I slowly raised my hand. "Yes miss?"

"The wind is a form of energy you can feel" I said slowly. A smile spread across his face.

"Precisely! The wind is energy, or water. Water has energy, you can feel it if you touch it. It causes the currents and waves, but Just like magic. If something gos Amis, say a storm- that can be your emotions. the water can get out of balance and cause bad things to happen. We have to learn to calm our energy by focusing, and that is also something we are going to be learning in this class."

After his little lesson, he had us lay down on our back and relax. Tune everything out and think of something calming, it was easy for me, as I laid there I just thought of water. I pictured that I was floating in it, feeling weightless. I pictured the way the water would feel, floating and moving around my body as if I was in a slow river. The warmth of the water, and the friction from it flowing over and around me, It was starting to feel as if I was really there, I twitched my fingers a little and it almost felt as though I was in water.

I was in another world, it's like I left the classroom and went somewhere else. I started feeling myself almost flowing with the water, becoming it. Feeling every single ripple in the water, feeling the different currents push and pull the water. I started felling the currents inside of me, running through my body, not missing a single limb. I started feeling the energy with it, feeling it convulsing like a heart beat, like it was my own. I could have sworn it was my heart, but something felt different about it, like i knew it wasn't my heart, but a different source of life... of power.Then all of a sudden it was gone, by the sound of a gong ringing through the room. I sat up and looked around, coming back to the real world and noticing the classroom and professor and students. I stretched out my arms and sighed, I felt more relaxed after that than if I had slept for 12 hours straight.

"We'll done, a few of you got it pretty quickly while a few had struggles. But that why we have this class, so you can learn to relax and tune in and out. Class is over, and I will see you all tomorrow" he said dismissing us.

"We'll that was fun" I said to Crystal as we walked out of the class room.

"Really? I found it pretty hard to just sit there and try to relax, I kept getting distracted" she looked at me strangely.