Chapter 22.

"Come on,"

I kicked my foot out with as much force as I could, using my hips to rotate and put more power into it. My foot slammed into Zander's hands as they were held up to block me.

"Come on, hit harder than that," Zander instructed.

"How do you expect me to hit harder than that when we've been doing this for an hour?" I threw my arms out exasperatedly, my chest rising and falling a little faster from being out if breath.

"Trust me, you have it in you. Pivot you foot before you kick, it'll help." Zander said, pointing down at my feet before crossing his arms again, waiting for me to kick them.

I sighed and nodded my head before getting position, I once again swung my foot out. But this time, I pivoted my foot before I swung my hips into action. My leg collided with Zander's arms more forcefully, I could see him give way some in order to stay in place. Just when I was about to put my foot down, Zander spoke up.

"Again," so I did it again, this time faster with my motions. "again," just when my foot touched, I was up and swinging it once more, every time Zander would say it. "again... again... again," he grunted every time. On the last kick when I was about to just stop, he added something else. "Imagine that each arm and each leg was attached to your element, like it was already in the way waiting to be controlled." I nodded my head. "now, when you fight, imagine putting your element into it... And keep your eyes closed."

I closed my eyes and pictures it, feeling what its like to extend out that far and have it connected with me. As soon as Zander shouted 'again' I kicked out my leg just like I had been practicing for the last hour, and pictures what it would have been like if my elements were with me.

When my foot came in contact with nothing but air, I wobbled and struggled to stay balanced on my foot.

"Again," Zander ordered, I could hear his voice a few more feet away than where I though he was.

"But you're not there, what am I supposed to kick?" I asked him with my hands on my hips. I had kept my eyes shut so I could still keep the mental image of being connected to my element, though only mentally, not physically.

"Control, now you're practicing control. You have the power now, you just need to control it." He said nonchalantly. I could practically see him standing right in front of me with his arms crossed and a blank look on his face. "Again."

I did as he said and started to push and control, feeling the power I would put into my kick, then feel myself hit a mental wall and come to a complete stop. Over and over again till I was tired.

One side after another, working both legs. I still kept the image in my mind of being connected, and I somehow felt the connection grow the longer I would do this. I imagine my element twirling with me when I twirled, I imagined it whipping out and hitting someone. I could literally see the vibration of the lake and the ripples in the water as if my eyes were open. As my foot started hitting back down in the ground, I could practically feel those vibrations too. I started smile as I practiced, kick after kick after kick, till I felt pretty sure about my elements being connected with me.

"Um, Kali-" Zander started as I kicked again, though I hardly payed attention and just focused in the connection."I said imagine your elements-" he said slowly, I could feel a shift In his movements in front of me, and just for fun, I imagined water just pouring down on him when I slammed my foot down, which is exactly what I did. Though, when I heard fluttering and the actual sound of water hitting someone, my eyes shot open. "-not actually use them." Zander finished, shaking the water from his eyes.

"Oops, sorry." I giggled, my hand covering my mouth as more laughter tried to bubble out.

"I absolutely have no doubt in my mind that you did that on purpose..." Zander muttered under his breath, glaring lightly at me with pursed lips.