twenty

chapter twenty [ he's going to die ]

chapter twenty
[ he's going to die ]

mrs. byers had let mike and melissa into her house. the two looked around, admiring the thousands of pieces of paper around the whole house, covering every inch of it.

the paper was covered in blue, black and brown scribbles that somehow all lined up to some sort of tunnels.

joyce then led the two teens to wills room to see him. when joyce opened the door, they were hit with a freezing chill as will sat on his bed in front of an open window.

some of his sweater was a different color because of his sweating. melissa shivered and mike wrapped his arm around her, warming her up immediately. she smiled at him, thanking him through a smile and he nodded.

melissa and mike both wondered why will would be sweating and sitting in front of a window with a cold breeze flowing into the room in the middle of november.

"hi hunny. mike and melissa are here." joyce said, as they all walked into the room. melissa sat down on the bed next to him while mike walked around his room, checking out his drawings.

will mumbled a hello to the two teenagers as joyce spoke up, "so do you want to explain the same thing you told me? about the shadow? how you're feeling?"

will nodded his head and waited till his mom had left the room again before talking.

"it's like......it's like i feel what the shadow monsters feeling......see what he's seeing. it's like i have these memories, but they're not memories. they're all happening right now. like....like now-memories."

his voice was quiet and shaky, you could easy tell something was off with him.

"like in the upside down?" mike asked, still walking around the room.

"some of him is there, but some of him here too." will answered.

"here as in this house?" mel asked, waiting for wills answer.

"in this house but also....in me." wills shaky voice answered, and it seemed that he was struggling to describe what was happening to him. melissa and mike shared worried glances, "it's like he's reaching into hawkins more and more. and the more he spreads, the more connected to him i feel."

"and the more you can see these now-memories." mike said, as he sat down on the other side of will.

"at first, i felt them in the back of my head, i didn't really know it was there. it's like when you have a dream, and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. it was like that. but now....i remember. i remember all the time." wills was trying to fight back his tears from forming and was sweating more then before.