Chapter 1: The Sightings of Time

Kanto Region, Cerise Laboratory

The bright morning sun shines down on the quaint town of Vermillion City in the Kanto Region. People & Pokémon are awake and active in every corner of their homes. From waking up from their houses or nests to walking together in the streets and forests. Nothing ever beats the feeling of a brand new day filled with new surprises.

The same can be said for the large establishment of Cerise Laboratory. Here, a research professor named Professor Cerise works to learn about every kind of Pokémon from every region. Along with two of his assistants, Ren & Chrysa, they work diligently to discover untold mysteries. After all, to understand Pokémon is to know the world.

Of course, the only way that they can fully understand a specific topic is to gather data and information about it. For that, they ask the aid of those that can handle the task. Those that seek adventure are curious about the world itself. As it turns out, that amount of help came in two, two research assistants.

The first is an aspiring young man that deeply cares about Pokémon. His name is Ash Ketchum and he dreams to become a Pokémon Master one day. He traveled everywhere with his partner Pokémon Pikachu, striving to become even strong together as a team. They've made many friends and strived against many challenges, but it was always together.

The second one is a knowledgeable boy that has a passion for learning everything about Pokémon. His name was Goh and he dreams to catch every single kind of Pokémon that exists, all the way to the Mythical Pokémon, Mew. While originally avoiding creating any bond with others, that changed seeing that building friendships will help him better understand People & Pokémon alike.

Both of these trainers are always ready for a new adventure to begin. Whether it is discovering something new about a Pokémon or witnessing a phenomenon that holds mystery, they are always prepared to go. Although, they aren't exactly showing a good presentation of that today.

Inside Cerise Laboratory, in one of the bedrooms, Ash & Goh are currently resting in their bunk beds, still sleeping without a care in the world. On Ash, Pikachu is curled up tightly on his stomach, now finding this a comfortable spot to sleep. Beside Goh, his Pokémon Grookey lays soundly by his side. Guess it's true, like trainers like Pokémon.

Their peace was abruptly interrupted as their peace disappeared from the sound of an alarm on their room phones. Both simultaneously reach out for their phones and stop the sound, returning the room to utter silence. Despite their tiredness, it doesn't stop them from remarking from one to the other.

The first to go was Goh. "Ash, it's . . time to, um, get up already." He says drowsily, tiredly scolding his friend for his tiredness and amount of sleep despite him doing the same thing. "The professor could have something for us to do today."

Ash opens one of his eyes halfway. "If that's the case . . why aren't you getting up too?" He questions his friend's justification of his claim. "You're always the one wanting to catch Pokémon no matter when." 

"Yeah, whatever," Goh responds with no energy left in him to continue this conversation. He goes back to sleep by stuffing his face with his pillow. Ash then does the same as he doesn't want to get up either.

Unfortunately for them, their road back to dreamland is about to be interrupted. There is always that one person that has energy in them, wanting to get through the rest of the day. Although in this case, it was a Pokémon in the form of Pikachu.

The electric mouse stands up on Ash's Stomach and uses its paws to rub its eyes. Once it did that, it let out a deep yawn to get rid of its last bit of tiredness. It looks down to his trainer's face to only see him snoozing without a care in the world. Of course, this does not please him as he would want to do anything with Ash awake and he needs him up so he could eat breakfast. Pikachu crawls over to his trainer's face and proceeds to slap him awake, but to no avail. Frustrated, Pikachu uses a move that always comes in handy in these situations.