Chapter 1- Boarding

You stood in the smaller air craft, looking around at the stars.

You were the new captain for the Infinity II, and you were excited to meet some many new people and to help others start a new life on a new planet.

"Blast Shields down. To be honest, we couldn't show that even if we wanted to." The piolet said of the smaller air craft, and the shields lowered.

The ship slightly jolted, causing you to fall into the man.

You stumbled back, swearing a bit before straightening yourself back out.

"Hey, my Dad owns a bar, if you wanna go and get a drink some time?" The man asked, a hopefull look in his eyes.

The door opened into the main ship, as you stepped towards it.

"Sounds like a plan, mister." You said with a wave before acually heading into the Infinity II.

Mark was there, and as soon  you stepped in he held put his hand.

"Welcome to the Infinity II, Captain! Everything is online and running, but let me give you a tour." He said, leading the way deeper into the ship.

He showed you everything, from the core, to crio, and the warp pad was the last on your stop.

You took your time in crio, looking at the many pods that lined the walls of the cooled area.

"Um, I'm not asleep? I think I'm supposed to be." A voice called out, getting your attention.

"Um, Mark?" You called out, pulling the head engineers attention towards you.

"Yes Captain?" He asked, stepping towards you.

"Please, (Y/N) is fine. I don't think someone is asleep. I heard someone in there." You said, point into the cooled area.

"That can't be possible, Captain, we made sure everyone was asleep and ready to go." Celeil said, looking out into the area as well.

You shrugged, following Mark to the core.

You looked at the machine in awe.

"Who know you needed a star to power the warp pad? Well, I created one. And Burt here makes sure it doesn't go bomb." Mark said, smiling at his creation.

The blast sheild closed around the created star, as your eyes landed on Burt.

He places the wrench that was in his hand on your shoulder.

"Captain," he placed it back on his own shoulder. "Burt."

You smiled. "(Y/N) is fine, Burt."

You turned to Mark, noticing he was already half way down a dark hall with red lights.

"And if the core were to ever blow, these bombs will detach the Core from the rest of the ship." Mark said with a prideful smile.

You clapped. "Blowing shit up, like old times huh Mark?" You said, nudging his arm.

He chucked, before walking into the main area with you in toe.

As you walked, you bumped into the head weponist, Bullet.

"Oh! Sorry, Sir." You said, stepping back.

"Please, Bullet is fine. And it's not a problem, Captain." He said, pulling a cigar out of his mouth.

You smiled and stepped passed him and down the hall after Mark.

You heard whispers with the word Captain and concluded they were talking about you.

People told you everything was good as you neared the end of the hall when someone caught your eyes.

"Systems are up and online, Captain!" A guy said, giving you a thumbs up.

You smirked, before placing on hand on one side of him.

"Maybe you can come by my pod later and make sure my systems are up and running?" You said with a wink, before Mark dragged you away from the blushing man.

Mark scoffed as he pulled you into the main deck and handed you a wine glass.

"Now, before we head off, let's hear a speak from our Captain." Mark said, stepping back to reveal the crew.

You smiled. "You guys are doing something wonderful. Taking new lives to a new planet so they can live new, full lives and not have to live in fear. You are making this possible, and I couldn't be more proud. Now, let's get in our pods and we'll be in our new home before we know it!" You said, raising your glass with the others following.

You downed your drink as everyone went off.

Mark took your glass and put it in his locker. He walked over to his pod, as you did to yours.

"Captain? Please don't fuck Mack in the main deck? I do not feel like walking in on OR clearing that mess up."

You chuckled, stepping into your pod.

"Oh, and Captain, make sure to-" before Mark could finish, the pod locked itself closed and started producing the sleep gas.

You leaned back, and relaxed will sleep overt took you.

              ~
"Instigating 'Wakey Wakey' protocol." The system said,  waking you up almost immediately.

You blinked the sleep away from your eyes, looking at the screen.

"We are ERROR years into our journey. The ship status is ABSOLUTELY CATASTROPHIC." The system said, blasting you out of your pod and onto the cold, ship floor.

"Waking up head engineer." And with that, Mark was slammed into the glass shield protecting you from the outer reachs of space.

You jumped up, and looked over the deck at Mark as he stood up.

He looked around, then at you.
"Captain? What's-" he started, before the glass shattered and dragged Mark out into the dark void that is space.

You gripped the deck so you would meet the same fate as your old friend.

"Closing Blast Shields on Main Deck." The system called out, as the shields closed.

You took in deep breaths, before the deck blow up with fire.

"Fire on deck and life support is in critical condition."

You look from the deck to the newly opened door.

Vote now-
PUT OUT THE FIRE
OR
FIX LIFE SUPPORT