➶ prologue 01 ➴

prologue 01!

————————
-ˋˏ ༻ ♚ ༺ ˎˊ-
————————

trapped in the garden of adam and eve

————————
-ˋˏ ༻ ♚ ༺ ˎˊ-
————————

THERE ARE DIFFERENT KINDS of darkness

the kind of darkness you find comfort in, the kind of darkness that chills you to the core of your bones and terrifies you, the kind of darkness that wraps itself around your shoulders like a warm, velvety blanket, the kind of darkness that doesn't let you sleep at night, plaguing you with hallucinations and nightmares and the one that makes you feel utterly lonely, leaving your soul vulnerable and open to your inner beasts, unwillingly allowing them sink their teeth into your thoughts and infiltrate your mind and body.

cassiopeia de beauclaire, usually known by the title "the monarch", was battling the latter kind of darkness — the gift bearer had been battling this kind of inner darkness for the past five hundred years now...

being a gift bearer grants you not only the blessing of undying immortality, but also the pleasure of a special power — and persephone was one of the very first gift bearers. in fact, she was the first gift bearer, the first one to have ever existed in the world of the supernatural.

but the history of the gift bearers' roots runs deep, and dates back to ancient times — and it's honestly surprising how many people think gift bearers are just the same as witches.

they weren't, of course.

nothing ever happened in this dim, lifeless garden that cassiopeia had been imprisoned in, which is why cassiopeia's interest was piqued immediately when a butterfly made of pure, yellow-ish light flew into the little hut she lived in.

her fox eye shaped eyes followed the butterfly's movements in fascination.

"how did you get into my personalised hell, hm?" the supposedly "evil" gift bearer mused, softly reaching out one of her boney, long fingers.

what she said was indeed true — this prison had been invented especially for her, to restrain her from relishing her dark powers to earth.

the butterfly halted for a mere second, then it began flying to the gates of the garden.

cassiopeia chuckled, amused by the butterfly's immediate antic to flee. "oh my dear, you'll never get out of here. i have tried to step past these gates every morning of this pathetic life i have been damned to live in eternity, and i have never succeeded."