twenty-four

chapter twenty-four [ he's lying, she's lying! ]

chapter twenty-four
[ he's lying, she's lying! ]

the loud sound of the alarm blared flew through the halls, following with a yellow flash. they were too late. they're already here.

"what the hell?" bob questioned, the sound of the alarm confusing him as he still held onto mike.

"we're too late," the boy nervously spoke from bobs grip.

"what?"

"they're coming!" melissa exclaimed, completely ignoring bobs question.

"we're too late!" mike wheeler screamed, as he grabbed melissas arm and dragged her back toward wills room, joyce approaching them at the door.

"what's going on?" she asked.

"we're under attack."

"what? by what?" joyce asked in desperate to know, seeing as mike wouldn't answer she turned to melissa, "mel, sweetheart, what's attacking us?" she asked, placing on hand on her shoulder.

"look, it doesn't matter. all that matters is right now, we aren't safe." melissa stated, mike nodded and reached out and grabbed the syringe that was resting on the table.

"we need to make will sleep." he explained to joyce.

"what?" she exclaimed.

"he's a spy. if he knows where we are-"

"so does the shadow monster," melissa finished.

"he's lying! she's lying!" will screamed.

"he killed those soldiers. he'll kill us, too!" mike said, over wills shouting.

"he's lying! he's lying!" will repeated over and over again, as joyce and bob held him down. the sound of loud noises were heard down the hallways, not they far away from them.

"those are gunshots!" bob exclaimed in shock.

that's when melissa realized, her father wasn't in the room and the gunshots were heard out there meaning he was out there as well.

"he's lying! he's lying!" will repeated as he flung himself around on the mattress.

"okay, will, will, will, listen, listen," joyce calmed him, "do you know who i am?" she asked as will stared into her eyes, "do you know who i am," she repeated.