Ep2: Earthlings- Part 1

Sorry!!! This for SOME REASON never published!

Rann; January 5th, 04:48 UTC

The moon reflects green light as it hangs heavy in the sky, bordered by tall fauna that all have red leaves and grey bark, on the pale brown ground are two small creatures, about the size of bats, but look like small green dragons with two grey horns on their heads, two eyes that seem to pop due to their yellow sclera and red irises, except for their grey feathered wings and the same feathering at the end of their tails.

A heavy boom rings out, causing the two small creatures to flinch.

They take off for flight just before the tall red grasses are split by telekinesis, Miss Martian flies in front, a green cheetah staying at her feet and someone with a jetpack brings up the rear.

The flying to take off in front of the cheetah, M'gann uproots two large trees to create a straight path for the other to follow.  (Look, I will full-fledged admit that this was a WEIRD thing to get hung up on, but 10 years later this STILL just makes me ostensibly irritated and IMMEDIATELY untrusting of M'gann and any of her actions.)

Conner lands just behind the cheetah as a second shot fires, hitting him in the back as he goes to leap after the other two, knocking him to the ground with a cry of pain.

He skids and rolls for several feet before coming to a stop.

A third shot fires, hitting the jetpack of the alien girl, who wears a purple long sleeve that matches her boots and headdress, black pants, and yellow mid-elbow high gloves to match her long scarf, thigh holster, and the design on the headdress. Her skin appears more sallow than a human's, using greys and yellow tones rather than pinks and oranges, her hair is down to her jaw and pitch black, and she has tealy-blue markings under each of her eyes. She yells in shock and pain as she spins out of control.

Ditching the jetpack with a simple quick-release before she can fly past the tree line in the tight spin.

She drops into a freefall, before being knocked away by the explosion of her pack.

Conner jumps up and catches her quickly, but is shot in the back for a second time.

M'gann dodges another shot that takes out a nearby tree, the cheetah behind her as Conner and the other alien plummet to the ground.

Conner takes the brunt of the hit, twisting so he lands on his back with her on his front.

As they both make it to their knees the source of the shot comes up to them. A massive green hexapedal machine that is such a dark color it nearly disappears into the night.

It stops just before them, cocking the large gun that is mounted to the center of the machine, between the two control layers, on the right side. Taking aim.

Conner shifts to grab the girl to his chest and protect her from as much of the blast as he can.

The yellow ray fires.

<>X<>X<>

THEME!!

<>X<>X<>

The shot knocks the two of them back and over the crest of a hill, Conner having already spun so he's the one taking the road rash while using his bare fingers to dig into the alien soil to try and stop as they come back downhill and towards a cliff.

Conner just manages to find a secure hold in the last inch of space he has, though his companion swings out past his and now only has his other hand to hold onto before she falls down the sheer cliff-face.