137 ; slughorn's party

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

"SO TELL ME, CORMAC, DO YOU SEE ANYTHING OF YOUR UNCLE TIBERIUS THESE DAYS?"

you sit next to hermione, awkwardly eating your sundae.

"yes, sir. in fact, i'm meant to go hunting with him and the minister of magic over the holidays"

"ah, well, be sure to give them both my best"

"and what about your uncle, belby?" slughorn asks a kid who was shovelling down his ice cream.

"for those who don't know, marcus' uncle invented the wolfsbane potion. is he working on anything new?"

the boy shrugs, "don't know. him and dad don't get on" he eats while talking, "probably cause my dad says potions are rubbish. says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day"

you just purse your lips awkwardly.

"and what about you, miss granger?what exactly does your family do in the muggle world?"

hermione pauses, "my parents are dentists"

everyone goes silent.

"they tend to people's teeth"

"fascinating. and is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"no. although, one boy, robbie fenwick did bite my father once" she laughs slightly, "he needed ten stitches"

there was an awkward silence.

slughorn coughs behind his hand, "uhm.. well, what about your family, miss toga?"

you choke on your ice cream, coughing into your inner elbow.

"haha.. uhm.. they're.." you scratch your cheek, "they're actually dead"

there was another awkward silence.

slughorn opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted by the door opening, you look to the side.

ginny had entered, she was wearing a black shimmery dress.

"ah, miss weasley. come in, come in"

"look at her eyes" hermione whispers, "they've been fighting again. her and dean"

"sorry. i'm not usually late"

harry stands up awkwardly, you blink.

"no matter. you're just in time for dessert, that is, if belby's left you any" slughorn jokes, wheezing. 

you glance at harry who awkwardly sat back down.

"what?"

"nothing" you look back at your ice cream.

you glance upwards, mclaggen was licking his fingers rather suggestively while staring at hermione.

you grimace, looking away and catching blaise's eye. he gives you a small wink and you just grin slightly.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

words ; 350

date posted ; 9/05/22

©_behindyou_