138 ; ron's first quidditch match

---------------- » «» « ----------------

YOU GLANCE AT RON AS HE WALKS DOWN TO YOU THREE.

people were mocking him and calling him a loser as he walked, making fun of the brown protection hat he was wearing.

you poke at your food as he sits down.

"so how was it, then?"

you look up.

"how was what?"

"your dinner party?"

"pretty boring, actually"

you raise your eyebrows.

"though i think harry enjoyed dessert. slughorn's' having christmas do, you know. and we're meant to bring someone"

you nod.

"i expect you'll be bringing mclaggen. he's in the slug club, isn't he?"

"actually, i was going to ask you"

"really?"

lavender hops over, tapping ron on the shoulder.

"good luck today, ron. i know you'll be brilliant" she says feverly, you raise an eyebrow.

"i'm resigning. after today's match, mclaggen can have my spot"

you sit back a bit.

"have it your way" harry says, pushing a goblet closer to him, "juice?"

"sure"

"hello, everyone"

you blink, turning to luna. she had a giant, what seemed to be hand-made, lion head mask thingy sitting on her head and framing her face, which was protruding from the lion's mouth.

"you look dreadful, ron. is that why you put something in his cup?"

ron pauses.

"is it a tonic?"

harry puts the small tube of liquid luck back in his pocket, your eyes go wide.

"liquid luck" hermione says.

harry smiles.

"don't drink it, ron" hermione hisses.

ron brings the goblet to his lips, taking a big gulp.

"you could be expelled for that"

"i don't know what you're talking about"

instantly, ron looked more cheery.

"come on, harry. we've got a game to win"

you and hermione exchange a look.

❀ ❀

THE QUAFFLE WAS IN THE AIR AND THE GAME HAD COMMENCED.

slytherin had the quaffle, ducking and dodging between gryffindors.

a shot was made, to which ron blocked.

you cheer loudly.

every shot made, ron blocked almost effortlessly.

everyone cheers even louder as the quaffle goes through slytherin hoops.

everyone starts to chant 'weasley', you being the only one in slytherin to do it.

❀ ❀

AND NOW YOU WERE ALL IN GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM.

just like it had been when harry completed the first task in your fourth year, everyone was crowded around ron and cheering loudly, chanting 'weasley'

you stand by harry and hermione, smiling slightly.

"you really shouldn't have done it" hermione shakes her head.

"i know. i suppose i could've just used a confundus charm"

you snort.

hermione looked shocked, "that was different. that was tryouts. this was an actual game"

harry takes out the entirely full vial of liquid luck from his pocket.

you blink, "you didn't put it in. ron only thought you did"

harry nods with a smile, you just grin.

you gasp slightly as lavender pulls ron down, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him, you feel your stomach drop as they start to makeout.

you purse your lips, looking over at hermione who looked upset.

you grab her hand, giving her an understand look and leading her back through the crowd and out of the common room, down the stairs.

you both sit on the bottom step, hermione rests her head on your shoulder, sniffling slightly.

a flurry of hummingbirds pop up above hermione's head, you glance up at them but mostly ignore it.

after not long, harry had come down the stairs, hermione wipes her eyes.

"charms spell. i'm just practicing"

"well, they're really good"

harry sits on hermione's other side.

"how does it feel, harry?" she sniffles, "when you see dean with ginny?"

it was silent for a moment, "i know. i see the way you look at her"

you purse your lips, resting your chin in your palm.

"you both are my best friends"

you frown slightly as lavenders giggling approaches, her and ron were holding hands and she looked overly excited.

they both stop in front of you three.

"oops. i think this room's taken" she hugs ron's arm.

"what's with the birds?"

lavender runs off.

hermione stands up angrily, "oppugno"

the birds circle hermione's head before shooting at ron, exploding into feathers against the wall.

ron just walks off.

hermione sits back down, you rub her arm as she rests her head on harry's shoulder.

"it feels like this" harry says.

---------------- » «» « ----------------

words ; 675

date posted ; 9/05/22

©_behindyou_