Want Me To Change? (9)

third person POV

"Yo, Frisk!" Ada greeted, sliding into the bus seat next to Frisk, who was oblivious to what had occurred a few days before. "Oh, hi, Ada. Have you seen Hitori? I wanted to ask him about a few things." Frisk replied. "Hitori? Oh, he texted the group chat last night saying he wasn't feeling that great, so I guess he's just bailing on school today. Not like him. Anyway, did you get that text though?" Ada tilted her head. Guilt flooded through Frisk. "U-Uh, I had my phone on silent last night," they admitted sheepishly. "OHHHHHHHHH, that makes sense now," Ada sighed, kicking her legs impatiently. "I'm gonna go to Hitori's house tonight just to see how he's doing. Coming with?" she asked. "Sure!" Frisk energetically answered. Their gaze wandered over to where Sans was chatting with Marco.

"Yeah, Jackson told me you were asleep. He sounded mad, I guess?" Sans sighed, confused. "I wasn't..." Sans noticed how spacey Marco looked, how tired and sleep-deprived he looked. "Honestly, Sans, I don't think he likes you very much. Maybe, uh, steer clear of him for a while?" Marco forced a smile. Boy, he really didn't feel like smiling right now, or today, for that matter. But he forced it anyway. "Eh, probably," Sans sighed, "I just don't understand what I did wrong. Did I do something wrong?" "Sans, some people aren't happy with the monsters coming back. It's a little bit like racism. I guess... Jackson's just one of those people." Marco mumbled, resting his head against the window. "Hey, are you feeling okay?" Sans asked. Marco quickly snapped back into his forced happy state, grinning. "Of course! Of course I'm feeling okay, I, uhm, just, errrrr..." he fumbled for an excuse. Sans decided to let it drop. For now, at least.

At his locker, Sans ran into a boy at his locker. Ethan Whitlok-Parr, to be specific. Sans remembered this boy from his first day, the boy who just decided it was okay to make fun of Sans by calling him Mr. Skeleton.

Sans POV

"Oh, hey, Sans," Ethan said casually, like he hadn't mocked Sans just recently. "Hi," I said, wanting to make a run for it. Then, the bell for the two minute warning buzzed. Saved by the bell. "Uh, gotta go, bye," Sans bolted for the classroom and sat down, breathing a sigh of relief. The teacher rambled on and on about things I wasn't paying attention to. I Was thinking about what Marco said, about people not wanting monsters on the surface. We were practically the same as them! We had emotions too, we aren't robots. We're just like them. No different. Marco understands that, so why can't Jackson? Does he want me to change?