People are starting to notice

Carolinas P.O.V

"Sup babe", Marlin texted me. I know that whenever he sends text like that, he's just trying to impress me, but whenever he texts of calls it just fills me with joy.

I laughed and responded with LOL. I looked up and noticed the squad staring at me. (The squad is Jesse, Marlin, Daniel, Lauren, Ava, and Brandon.) I looked over to see Brandon staring at my phone and he saw it was from Marlin.

Brandon's P.O.V.

Seeing it was from Marlin and what he said made my blood boil. Secretly, I have a huge crush on her. Can you blame me? I pulled her to the side and asked her,"What's going on with you and Marlin?"
She dodged my question quickly and her face got really red. I let it go for know but I knew something was up, and I was determined to find it out!

Marlins P.O.V

I saw Brandon pull Carolina to the side, I was concerned. A couple days ago I was using his phone and when he wasn't paying attention I went to his messages and read that he liked her. Knowing that, I was always careful of what I said around him or anyone so they wouldn't grow suspicious.

I walked over to them right as Brandon walked away. She looked like she was about to cry, but she didn't, her eyes were just red for some reason. "Marlin" she said concerned, "I can't keep doing this, I can't just have the best day ever and go to school the next day acting as if nothing happened!"

By now she was practically shouting. Luckily we had left the cafeteria after that Brandon thing. "I'm sorry Carolina, but we can't risk anything right now. We agreed to not tell anyone, remember!"

I wanted to cry, seeing her so upset made me sad and I wanted to fix things but I really couldn't.

I hid my emotions pretty well, I don't usually get that way, but when I do I'm usually with her.

Narrator
While Marlin and Carolina were talking, little did they know that Carla was watching them.