twenty-six

chapter twenty-six [do you remember the day my sister died]

chapter twenty-six
[do you remember the day my sister died]

the group soon discovered how they could try and talk to will without the mind flayer seeing where they were. currently, everyone was working together to make the byers shed unrecognizable and it was working.

melissa was with her dad and jonathan as they threw things out of the shed. hopper tried to get her to stay inside with mike but she kept saying no and he really wasn't in the mood for an argument right now.

soon, everyone was outside in the shed helping set up black tarps, cardboard and newspapers. every inch of that shed was covered. they finally finished and got will and tied him up in a chair in the middle of the shed with a few lights surrounding him.

"you ready?" hopper asked everyone who was in the shed.

that was him, joyce, jonathan, mike and melissa and again hopper had fought about her staying inside with the others but she needed to talk to will.

everyone nodded, hopper then poured a bit of bleach onto a cotton ball, and put it up to wills nose to wake him.

not even a second later, will snapped his head up with a gasp, as hopper backed away with the rest of the group. will let his eyes adjust to the light as he glanced around, trying to figure out where he was.

the sound of his gasping had scared melissa and she was quick to grab onto mikes hand.

"what? what is this?" will asked once he realized he was tied up. he began to squirm around, trying to break free of the ropes but it was no use, "what is this? why am i tied up? why am i tied up!"

"will, we just wanna talk to you," joyce said as she knelt down in front of will, "we're not going to hurt you."

"where am i?" will asked.

"you recognize this?" hopper kneeled down next to joyce, holding out the photo of the mind flayer in front of him, "do you recognize this?" he repeated.

will shook his head no.

"hey, we wanna help you. but to do that, we have to know how to kill it." joyce explained to him.

but he wasn't listening, "why am i tied up?" will yelled again, causing joyce to flinch. melissa studied his eyes, they weren't their natural hazel colour they were black, "why am i tied up! why am i tied up! why am i tied up!" he continued to yell and yell while he tried to break free of the ropes.

hopper was quick to his side and tried to calm him down, but it wasn't helping. the shadow, it wasn't going to give up, unless it got what it wanted. will then continue to scream let me go, but his yells got quieter and quieter as he looked at joyce and eventually, he stopped yelling.