twenty-eight

chapter twenty-eight [ millions of teeth digging into her skin ]

[ millions of teeth digging into her skin ]

a plan was made with a lot of arguing between the younger hopper and the older hopper. but anyways, the plan was eleven would go to the lab with hopper and melissa, jonathan, joyce and nancy would take will to hoppers cabin, while mama steve stayed back with mike, max, dustin and lucas.

melissa explained to her father that she wanted to go and help el, she knows she can help. she has a secret gun collection for crying out loud.

"you have a what?!" hopper was losing his mind on all the things he was just learning about his kid, "you stole half my guns, melissa. that's not okay."

"yes it is." she was quick to snap back, "i use them to protect myself."

he finally allowed her to come under one condition; she wasn't allowed to leave his side.

now, everyone is saying goodbye to each other and wishing each other good luck. melissa said bye to steve, the other three teens, joyce, jonathan, nancy and will.

her goodbye to him was sad, emotional and well quick. it was a single kiss to his forehead. that's all.

as she walked out the door, she heard an
all-to-familiar voice shout her name. melissa turned around to see mike running up to her, "be safe please. i cant lose you."

she was shocked. just an hour ago, he was furious at her for the part she took place in the eleven thingy and now he's all fine.

"you won't lose me mike." melissa smiled.

she felt eyes glaring at the back of her head but she ignored it. she knew it was eleven, wanting to speak with mike.

so she had to go quick before her head would be blown off.

"promise?"

she nodded with a smile, "promise."

the two stared into each other's eyes as they slowly leaned in but their moment was ended by good old dad, "melissa, let's go."

she sighed and looked back at mike one last time, "see you soon?"

"see you soon." he quickly kissed her cheek which caused her to blush and hopper to roll his eyes and let out a groan.

"you're fucking serious." he cursed as his daughter walked over to the open car door and climbed in, her smile not leaving her face.

"el, come on. it's time to go."

soon after, el sat in the passengers seat while melissa sat behind her. hopper glanced back at the girl who held two guns in her hands and he shook his head, laughing quietly to himself.

as they drove away, both eleven and melissa looked back, seeing mike and the others watch the car drive off.

they all sat in silence, not really knowing what to say. that was, until hopper spoke up, "so what, were just not going to talk about it, huh?" he said to eleven who was seated next to him.