Chap 5 "Biological Family"

Vee's POV

Eddie was able to get off work. We drove Christopher to Mom's and introduced her as Grandma Harrelson. Mom was more than happy to watch him for two weeks. "We'll be back soon, Mom," I stated as I have her a hug. "Call us if you need anything."

"You kids go have fun," Mom stated.

"Okay, I love you," I nodded.

"I love you too," Mom smiled.

"We'll be back before you know it," I smiled. As soon as we landed Chicago, Eddie rented a nice truck as it would be expensive for me to rent a car since I was still under twenty five years old. "Sometimes I forget Chicago is cold."

"How often do you come here?" Eddie asked.

"I try to come at least two to three times a year," I nodded. We checked into our hotel and got settled in. "Can you drive me to Firehouse Fifty One?"

"Yeah," Eddie replied. We got into the truck. "Can I ask why?"

"I know everybody at that fire house," I stated. "I'll introduce you and they'll tell you how I know them."

"Nothing weird, right?" Eddie asked.

"Nothing weird," I nodded. Eddie took me to the fire house and he followed me in. "Severide!"

"Victoria!" Severide smiled. He picked me up and spun me around by giving me a hug. "I thought you'd forgotten about us."

"Things have been crazy and time kind of got away from me," I smiled. "Severide, this is Eddie Diaz. Eddie, this is Kelly Severide."

"Nice to meet you," Severide stated as he shook Eddie's hand.

"Likewise," Eddie smiled. "So, how do you know each other?"

"We're actually half siblings," Severide nodded. "Our dad had a really sick sense of humor."

"So, you guys are biologically related?" Eddie asked.

"On the paternal side," I nodded. "We got tested just to be sure and it came back positive."

"If Shay hadn't said anything, we probably wouldn't be where we are now," Severide replied. "So, how do you know Vee?"

"Work," Eddie replied.

"You worked dispatch?" Severide asked.

"No, he's LAFD's social media liaison," I stated.

"What did you do before that?" Severide asked.

"I was a fire fighter with the one eighteen, and before that, I was a combat medic for the army," Eddie nodded. "I am still clear for duty if I do decide to transfer back out to a house."

"So, why is Eddie on your trip this time?" Severide asked. "Was Hondo busy?"

"Eddie is actually my boyfriend," I replied. "Hondo trust him. That's good enough for me."

"Come on," Severide smiled. We followed him to the kitchen. "Look what the cat dragged in."

"Vee," Gabby attacked me with the hug. "Guess what?"

"You're a fire fighter," I looked at her.

"I'm only a candidate, but yeah," Gabby nodded. I said my hellos to everyone. "So, you missed a couple trips."

"Yeah, well, I can't really travel a lot anymore. We have Christopher to take care of," I replied. "I would travel alone, but Hondo was not going to allow me to to to Chicago alone."

"Who is Christopher?" Sylvie asked.

"Eddie's son," I replied. "He wants to know how all you."

"Through Severide," Matt pointed.