Chap 9 "With The One Eighteen"

Vee's POV

The next day, Jay drop me off at Severide's apartment. I walked in and Severide was sitting on the couch. "I was hoping you'd be at work," I stated. He followed me to my room and I started packing up my suitcase. "I would rather do this alone."

"Where were you last night?" Severide asked.

"I was with a friend," I looked at all my stuff to pack. "I was fine, Severide. Why am I even discussing this with you?"

"Vee, this is the first time you didn't come home," Severide stated.

"Home...This isn't home if you're kicking me out," I zipped up my suitcase. "I've built a life here and now you're sending me back to LA."

"Can you please stop and look at me?"

"What?" I turned to look at him.

"Can you at least tell me who you were with?"

"I was telling Jay I was leaving and I ended up falling asleep on his couch after we talked," I lied. "He's going to pick me up when I get done so I can ship all of the stuff back to LA."

"So, you don't need me to help?"

"No," I replied. "I'm fine." Severide left for work. After a couple hours, I got done. Jay picked me up and we took my stuff to ship. "That's all done."

"Do you want to go straight to the apartment? Jay asked.

"Can I borrow your car?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just got to be dropped off at the station," Jay nodded.

"Okay, and just text me if you need me to pick you up," I smiled. I dropped Jay off and went to Fifty One. I parked and Gabby met me outside. "Hey."

"Who's car are you driving?" Gabby asked.

"Jay's," I replied.

"Oh, he's letting you drive his car too?" Gabby nudged me. "If I'm reading the signs right, I think Jay's had a thing for you." I smiled. "How'd he take the news?"

"He's gonna miss me," I replied. "And I'm going to let you in on a little secret."

"You guys slept together last night?"

"No. Well, yes, but not intimately. We were clothed," I replied. "Something that happened last night." I try to make her notice the ring. "Is it me?" I started fanning myself. "Or is it hot?"

"Oh my God!" Gabby exclaimed as she grabbed my hand. "You're engaged?! To who? I didn't even know you were seeing someone."

"We didn't tell anyone," I smiled. "I'm not going to say who it is. I'm going to talk to him tonight and see if we can tell everyone before I leave."

"I wanna say it's Jay, but my gut is telling me I'm wrong," Gabby stated. "And you know my gut feeling is usually right."

"Yeah I've worked with you. But I know you'll like the guy."

"I mean, you and Jay would make a cute couple too."

"You're not going to get it out of me. We'll tell everyone we decide to," I stated. My phone vibrated and I looked at it. "I gotta go. Hondo is wanting to have lunch." I went to the address Hondo sent me and I sat at the table he was at. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"We just want was best for you," Hondo replied.

"And you think moving me back to LA is the best way?" I asked. "I made a life here and you can't even except that. When are you ever going to let me live my own life?"