Chap 10 "Wedded"

Vee's POV

I was looking at myself in the mirror. Gabby put the veil in my hair as Sylvie fixed my train. "Thank you for standing up with me," I stated. "I'm not really close with the Harrelson sisters."

"Well, we're here for you," Gabby replied. There was a knock on the door. She opened it and Severide walked in. "Where's Hondo?"

"I'm sorry, Vee," Severide replied. "Hondo and his team had to answer a call."

"Hicks couldn't have sent Fifty Squad to the call?" I asked.

"They're already working a call," Severide nodded.

"I told him to put in the day," I sighed. "It's fine. I have one of my brother's here to walk me." The clock tower went off. "I'm not delaying my wedding. I'll see you girls out there." They left the room. "I know you're dreading the idea of me getting married to Jay."

"You couldn't have chosen someone else?" Severide asked.

"I love Jay," I nodded. "I've been thinking about this a lot for the past six months."

"So, you're really going through with this?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "And I would like you to be happy for me."

"I am," Severide looked at me.

"It doesnt seem like you are." I sighed. We went through the cerermaay and wr had our reception at the LA convention center. I was siting down as Jay walked up to me. "Hey."

"Are you okay?" Jay asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm happy," I nodded. "I'm happy to be with you."

"Okay," Jay gave me a kiss.

"Go, " I smiled. Jay went to be with his friends and family. I walked out of the room to get some air. Sylvie fund me. "You can go back to the party."

"No," Sylvie replied as she looked at me. "What is wrong?"

"The one day I ask my brother to be there for me, he cant even do that," I nodded. "But he has the time to go and get me from Chicago?" Sylvie gave me a hug. "I don't
want him here if he decides is show up."

"Victoria," Hondo showed up. "Did Jay leave you?"

"Just leave me alone," I replied.

"What did I do ?" Hondo asked.

"You never put in the time off for my wedding," I looked at him. "You lied to me and ended up missing the most important day of my life.''

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't take off," Hondo nodded.

"It's funny how you managed to take off to drag me back from Chicago," I replied. "The one time I asked you to take off for my wedding day and you couldn't even do it. Severide flew down here to walk me with you and he ended up doing it solo."

"I'm sorry, Vee, " Hondo stated. "How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"For someone who claims to be my brother, I expected more of you on my wedding day," I nodded. I went back to my wedding with Sylvie. At the end of the night, Jay and I went back to his hotel room. We consummated our mariage that night. I woke up the next morning and I was the only one in bed. "Jay?"

"Good morning, Mrs. Halstead," Jay walked out of the bathroom and gave me a kiss. "You ready to get out of bed yet?"

"Not really," I sighed. I sat up in bed and held the sheets to cover me. "You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah, othenwise you wouldn't have agreed to marry me," Jay sat next to me in bed. "Are you sure  you're okay? You've been
acting different since the ceremony. Is there something I should know?"

"Severide wasn't the only one who was supposed to walk me down the aisle yesterday," I looked at Jay. "Hondo was supposed to as well. Except he get a call
and left."

"Hondo was supposed to walk you?" Jay asked. He held my hands. "Did be at least apologize?"

"He did. but he said he asked for the day off," I nodded. "If he got sent on the call, he didn't ask for the day."

"Well, baby, you have me now," Jay smiled. "You get to go back to Fifty One." Jay grabbed my hands. "We're moving you back
to Chicago."

"And I'm glad you are," I replied. I looked at the him. "I have to take a shaver, but we have to go change everything."

"What do you mean?"

"My social security, my license, my name on
every thing," I looked at him. "I did take your last name, Jay."

"Okay, we will go get that changed, but I wanted to give you this," Jay handed me a box. I opened it and it was two plane tickets. "One for me, and one for you,"

"On a cruise?"

"Yeah, and I wanna give you a good honeymoon. It's for four days."

"We're find Florida in leaving port there?"

"Yeah. I really thought you'd like cruise. I think you really enjoy some time on a ship."

"Yeah, I enjoy anytime spent with you, Jay. We can literally go to Egypt, and I would enjoy it because I'm with you," I got out of bed and help my robe to my body. "Let me get ready and you can pack up everything." Once I got showered and dressed, we checked out and got into his rental car. We had everything changed and went to lunch. "We fly out tomorrow and board the shift. How do you manage to get us on a cruise?"

"I save a little from my paycheck when we started dating," Jay smiled. "I'd do anything for the woman I love." I smiled "I'm going
to use the bathroom and then we can take the duve to San Antonio."

"Okay," I smiled. Jay left. "Wait, what?" I looked at the plane tickets. "Oh, we fly out from San Antonio." I saw Eddie walking towards me. "Hey." He looked at me. "I didn't see you at the wedding."

"I couldn't see you marry the wrong guy," Eddie replied. "I hope you have fun with him but remember all the promises you also made to Christopher. I hope you don't break my son's heart like you did mine."

"I kept all promises I made to Chris," I looked at Eddie. "Buck and I were there for him when you couldn't be. I hope you remember who would always showed up when he called."

"Vee," Jay showed up. "Are you ready to hit
the road?"

"Yeah, I replied. "Can you go get the car? I'm just going to say bye to my friend here." Jay nodded and walked off. "Eddie, I did love you, but you left when I decided to do something with my life." He looked at me. "I started a new life Chicago for a fresh start and of got that. I have that with Jay. I'm not trying to live with the past in the present."

"What does that mean?" Eddie asked.

"It means goodbye to LA," I sighed. "Goodbye to everything and everyone here."

"What about Hondo?" Eddie asked.

"He missed my wedding and I can't forgive
him for that," I replied. I saw Jay waving. "I have to go. Goodbye, Eddle Diaz."

A/N: that's the end of this story. New stories coming soon. Happy Reading! Xoxo ~Alexis