twenty-nine

chapter twenty-nine[ i-i love you ]

chapter twenty-nine
[ i-i love you ]

when he saw his daughter fall, his whole world completely stopped. the only reason he was living was because of her and it's his fault she might die.

melissa woke up, in a bed that was all too familiar to her. her eyes adjusted to the light around her and that's when she realized she was in wills room. the room all those happy memories happened in.

the pain in her hip caused her to groan and she pulled down the covers, seeing a white bandage covering it.

she heard loud yelling coming from outside the room, well it wasn't just any yelling, it was mikes yelling, "how could you?! you promised to protect her and to make sure she would be okay! what's wrong with you? what is wrong with you?"

"listen kid, i'm in as much pain as you right now. she's my daughter. and you can yell and shout at me all you want, i don't care. i would never let anything happen to her." hopper said, as he tried to calm the wheeler boy down, "she's alive, that's all that matters."

"but she still could've died!" mike yelled once more.

mel tried to stand up out of the bed. she just wanted to walk out there and they'd all see her, awake.

but no, the pain was horrible and it resulted in a sharp pain flowing from her hip to her leg. she yelped and laid back down quickly, "son of a bitch."

mike ran to the room the moment he heard the sound of her voice, wanting to see if she was okay.

"mel, hey! are you okay?" he asked, taking a seat right next to her.

"sure. i mean, i did just get bit by a demo-dog though." she softly answered, closing her eyes at the pain.

"jesus mel."

melissas head shot up and she saw her father, standing in front of her with tears in his eyes. he was trying his best not to cry, "you scared the shit outta me back there. never do that again."

"promise. unless a demo-dog decides to hunt me down." she said sarcastically, causing her father to roll his eyes and everyone to laugh.

-ONE MONTH LATER-

its been a month since el closed the gate and melissa had got bitten, her hip was slowly healing.

will was back and he was okay. him and melissa have been inseparable ever since and he recently had asked her to be his date to the snow ball.

she was shocked but of course she said yes.

that's been her dream, to go to the school dance, with him.