Chapter 6

Tails POV

Just as I thought about that, something comes and strike Knuckles. He fell on the ground.

"Knuckles are you alright?!" I asked him worriedly.

"Yeah, what was that?" He asked as he gets up.

We both then look at our left and saw Metal Sonic, which means Eggman is here!

"Eggman! What you do want from us?!" Knuckles asked him with a little force.

"Hohohohoho, you know what I am here for, that Chaos Emerald!" He said pointing at the Chaos Emerald I'm holding.

"That's too bad, you can't have it!" Knuckles mock him while clinching his hand getting ready when Eggman attacks.

Eggman looks at us with a confident smile, he then orders Metal Sonic to attack us. Knuckles goes first to attack back Metal Sonic, I followed him from behind while hiding the Chaos Emerald in one of my twin tails. Knuckles punches seems to not make any damage towards Metal Sonic but we can't let Eggman have the Chaos Emerald, or he will be stronger than he already is!!

After a while, me and Knuckles are beginning to feel really exhausted, Metal Sonic left bruises everywhere!

"Knuckles, we can't keep this up. We need to go back with the others" I said with the strength I have left, and Knuckles nodded.

"Go back to the others first, I will distract them" Knuckles said as he ran off to Eggman and Metal Sonic.

I then gathered up all my strength and fly off to where the others are. They ran up to me with a worried expression, well except Shadow...

"What's wrong Tails? Where's Knuckles?" Silver asked.

I told them that me and Knuckles  found the Chaos Emerald, how Eggman attacks us, and why Knuckles is not here. Sonic then ran off to save Knuckles without any warning.

Sonic POV

I don't care about what will happen to me, I only care about the people that might get hurt. I'm always like that since I was little, so here I am, on my way to save one of my best friends.

After arriving at the scene, I started spindashing Metal, it's no use just like last time but it gives Knuckles time to revive. I give a couple more spindashes to Metal, then run off to Knuckles and get us out from the situation. As we ran off, a vehicle comes flying close to us.

"Sonic! Get in!!" Tails Shouted through a microphone.

I got in as he opens the vehicle's door, "Thanks buddy!" I thank him and give him a thumbs up.

Tails then get us away from Metal with some other crazy swerves. But different from the other robots, Metal is fast just like me as he is design to be like me. 

"I can't get him off!" Tails said while piloting the vehicle away from a big rock.

"Let me handle him" Shadow said as he got enough of waiting.

"You can't do this alone, I'll help!" I said with a wink, and Shadow rolls his eyes.

Me and Shadow got out from the vehicle from the exit on the vehicle's rooftop. As soon as we are out, Metal attacks us. We revive from the attack and give him some spindashes. But like all our other attacks on Eggman's robots, it's useless.

Tails POV

They can't keep this up for long, I got to do something! I think about what can I do to help them since Eggman's robots are invincible now. Then I got an idea!!

"Silver! Can you keep the vehicle stable? I want to do something in the engine room to help Sonic and Shadow" I asked Silver while running off to the engine room.

Once I'm in the engine room, I started working on my idea fastly. Few minutes and done! I go back to the control room to turn it on.

"Now, let's turn it on!" After Tails light it up, the vechile turns to vanta black color and more powerful than before!

"Woah what did you do, Tails?" Silver asked.

"I combine Shadow's power with the power of the Chaos Emerald" I answered simply.

Then the vehicle made a clear shield to stop Metal from attacking Sonic and Shadow, then I pilot it to a safer place.

Author's note

Fell free to tell me what you think of my work in the comment!! ≥3≤