Chapter 2

"There is no way that you 'got lost' on your way to class. We've been at this school since the literal start of year 7, we're near the end of year 10 now." A very unconvinced look was evident on Chlo's face. Clearly Robin's excuse was extremely unconvincing, and there was no point trying to hide whatever it was from Chlo.

"I wish you would believe my excuses at least once." He sighed before sitting down on his seat next to Chlo. Unfortunately for him, his seat on the seating plan was next to her, meaning she was going to pester him the entire double lesson. Yes it was a double lesson. So that means two hours of absolute hell for Robin.

"Your excuses are too bad and poor to get past me. So come on, tell me where you actually were." She said, chuckling as she did, knowing that Robin wouldn't be able to hide whatever it was from her. But Robin wasn't going to give up that easily. The thing he was hiding wasn't even necessarily embarrassing, but once you tell Chlo anything she'll somehow manage to make it embarrassing.

He just shook his head before turning his attention to the teacher who had just entered the classroom. The next two hours were going to be painful.

---

As soon as the class had ended, Robin made a b-line for the door. He didn't give up, surprisingly, but that had made Chlo even more suspicious and annoyed. She wanted to know what one of her closest friends were up to, is that such a bad thing? Well for Robin, yes. He didn't want Chlo to get the wrong idea. Even if bumping into someone who was a complete stranger to you and you had no memory or idea who this person was, he still didn't want to risk it.

Quickening his pace, he sharply turned a corner not looking back as he knew if he did, he would see Chlo would be closer than he wished. But obviously he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings either as his only goal was to make it to the cafeteria before Chlo so that the others could stop Chlo from tearing his head off. As he turned he immediately ran into someone causing them both to fall. This is now the second time that Robin has bumped into someone today, it was clearly not the best day for him. He muttered a quick "Sorry." before standing up to run off. But he couldn't move once he saw who he bumped into. Damien. Robin ran into Damien, again. A bright tone of pink laced over Robin's cheeks, embarrassed that he had managed to bump into him for the second time today.

"It's like fate wants us to bump into each other." Damien chuckled, he was standing up now. Robin stuttered, trying to find the right words to apologise or to explain why he ran into him just now. But his thoughts were interrupted once he saw Chlo rounding the corner. He frantically apologised one more time to the angel, that he somehow keeps bumping into, before running off leaving the slightly tall boy confused.