#004 ★ ━ exposure

Today was just another day at school as usual. Sucrose was walking with me until I heard a person following us from behind. "Hey hey~!"

Sucrose flinched and gasped as her books fell onto the floor, and I just stood there awkwardly. Hutao smiled and hugged me from behind before I could even say a word. "You... you scared me," she stated as she bent down to take her books back. "Hey, look at you! Already so cheerful again, what's the occasion?"

"Awe, you already know why I'm so cheerful~!"

"I do?"

"Come on, you know why. Let's not waste time; let's go~!" she said as she grabbed her phone and ran away to class.

[ ☆ ]

"Hey Sucrose, so about Albedo..."

"Ah, yes. I suppose you want to know more about him... regarding the accident..."

"Mhm."

"So, Albedo had been my friend since our last school. This was when he was already in bad terms with your brother. Of course, he never told me anything about you or the accident, but I did know that he was hiding something. He's told me about your brother before but also told me not to mention it to anyone. He also told me you moved out of your old school around the time they both got into a fight."

"Do you know what it was?"

"I think I might know who was driving the car..." For the first time, Sucrose looked really serious and a bit scary even. "What? Who?"

"My step-sister, Viriticia." She spoke up. "Vir-what now?"

"The same day that you got hospitalized was the same day my sister Viriticia got into a crash. She was 15 at the time, my dad was with her but he didn't make it." I was at a loss for words and just looked down. "Oh, I'm sorry Sucrose. Is your sister okay?"

"She's fine, I hope. I haven't seen her since the accident. She moved in with my mom, and we don't keep contact. I guess she still feels bad."

Ring ring ring!

Sucrose blankly stared at my phone and pointed at it, "You should answer them."

I rolled my eyes and took my phone out of my bag. "Ugh, I swear if it's my brother— Ganyu?"

I quickly got into a formal tone and greeted her. "Hello Ganyu, is something wrong?"

"Y/n! Beidou is unconscious!"

"Beidou is what? Where are you?"

"We're in the..." Before Ganyu could finish her words, the call disconnected. "Sorry, Sucrose, I have to go!"

"Wait, where are you going...! It could be dangerous." I ran as fast as I could to go find Keqing, but to my dismay, I couldn't find her.

"Mrs. Y/n!"

"Huh?" I turned my back to go and see if anyone was there. Standing in the hallway was a female, a little blonde girl. "Oh! Hi? What's your name?" She smiled and grabbed my arm, "I'm Klee! Ms. Keqing told me to go and call you over!"

"Where is she, Klee?"

"Over there!" She pointed towards the gate; I ran over there as Klee tried to catch up. Standing on the gate was the purple-haired female. She was in terror, as if she saw a ghost; she grabbed my hand and ran to the car.

I was pushed into the car; there were two other people inside, Albedo and...? "Hello Y/n," Albedo greeted. "Where are we going? And who was the kid?"

"Oh, Klee, she's my little sister, and this is Jean, my guardian."