AU - Matt.ar.00 aka EDDSWORLD.exe

yes, this is a Sonic.EXE inspired AU, shut up

so basically, the eddsworld crew get sent an "old game based off their older Zombeh Attack era cartoons" (the eddisodes exist in universe but they're like based on stuff that happens to them for actual real which is a weird move) and so edd decides to play it. it's like an advanced sonic fangame, even made in one of those sonic fan engines, but at the same time it's eddsworld. also, dialogue! ingame matt's dialogue is weird and glitchy, and even out of character at times. three levels in, ingame edd encounters an invisible wall. behind it? the corpse of ingame tom. and before he can start leaving, messed up events happen and holy fuck ingame matt is so tall and deformed woah is this a faker ripoff/j anyways real matt walks in just as the game closes and real edd nearly enacts violence on him. dear god, what is this game doing to edd?? later on, as real edd reluctantly continues the game to find out wtf is up, fucked up shit starts happening to real matt. in the conclusion, matt turns into basically real life matt.ar.00, tom nearly dies in some kind of mirror to the first encounter with matt.ar.00, edd manages to beat the game and then delete it, and then after like a few hours everything is basically back to normal. (except 1. matt's still missing an eye, that stays, and 2. they're like scarred from the memory of this whole event)