(In)purity

It didn't know how long it'd been alive for. None of the others did, either. They didn't grow, didn't shift to match the passage of time. Unchanging, just like Father.

Father was everything to them. He wasn't love, nor warmth, but none of them cared about such frivolous things. They all knew what they were here to do; tools for a greater purpose. Father's plan. It didn't matter what they thought about it. After all, since when did the wheels of a machine have a say on the end product without being replaced?

No, it didn't know how old it was. Old enough to be set off into the world to spread Father's message, his destruction. Old enough to be feared by the lesser creatures, the humans. Father hated them, and so, it hated them too. Hated their strange, backwards language, their gestures, what they stood for. The mere sight of them sickened it.

It was then that Father came to it, with a message. A name.

"You will be known as 3. You are what is not right, the uncanny. Taking over one of their lives, luring victims over with their face. Wearing them like a disguise. Don't disappoint me, 3."

3 would never disappoint Father. After all, what use would it be if it couldn't even live up to its creator's wishes?

And then it was off, put out into the world. It took a while for it to comprehend how to do what it was made for, how to replace a human and act like one convincingly enough to get another prey, to lie well enough not to be spotted. Some times it went well, and the humans fell for it completely.

Other times it did not.

It was good that its flesh was so dark, scars didn't show in it. Besides, it never stopped 3 from fulfilling its purpose. A few of its parts lost wouldn't stop it from that, they'd come back with time. But something that never changed, no matter how difficult the next prey was, nor how much its body ached and groaned in protest.

It always finished its target.