thirty

chapter thirty [ she was too focused on billy ]

chapter thirty
[ she was too focused on billy ]

ONE YEAR LATER

it was now the summer of 85' and melissa hopper was currently at the towns pool, sunbathing. will byers sat in the chair next to her with his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face.

the only reason they were even there was because melissa had developed a huge ass crush on max's older brother, billy.

he happened to be a lifeguard there and somehow melissa found out and forced will to go with her.

"babe, please. this is boring and the opening for day of the dead is soon." will groaned, causing melissa to open her eyes under her sunglasses.

"soon, not now will. please. i haven't seen him yet."

the byers boy rolled his eyes and stood up in front of her chair, blocking her view of the sun. when she no longer felt heat on her body, she opened her eyes again, "move will."

"he is way too old for you, melissa. please, we both need to get changed and then bike to starcourt." he tried to reason with her.

"fine, let's go-" but she stopped the moment she saw the doors of the locker room open, revealing the gorgeous boy.

melissa was in awe. billy was wearing red swim trunks, matched with these amazing sunglasses and his hair was in curls, bouncing up and down with every step he took.

"hello? earth to melissa!" will waved a hand in front of his girlfriends face but it was no use, she was to busy staring at billy.

he huffed and sat down in his chair. this has been happening all summer and he's so done with it.

melissa watched as these group of moms, including mikes mother, sit oddly and wave at billy as he walked past. she rolled her eyes and sat back in her chair, waiting for him to walk past her and will.

"hey melissa." his voice said, making her heart stop.

"hey billy, how's it going?" she asked him, placing her sunglasses on the top of her head.

"great. hey byers." billys attention turned from her to her boyfriend.

"hey billy."

but before billy could say anything else, he blew his whistle causing everyone to stop and turn toward him, "hey, hey lard ass!" he screamed at a kid who had stopped running, "no running on my watch. i gotta warn you again and you're banned for life. wanna be banned for life lard ass?"

the kid shook his head.

"didn't think so." and he blew his whistle again, everyone going back to what they were doing and lard ass no longer running.