Chapter !8:

JAYDEN’S POV:

I grabbed my small suitcase and put it by the front door along with Janelle’s.

“Babe, you know I could’ve helped you bring them suitcases downstairs right?’ Diggy asked.

I rolled my eyes before turning to face him.

“Next time I know better.” I said.

I walked away as fast as I could. I wasn’t up for conversation, and I hadn’t been since my freedom was taken from me earlier this morning. I had barely spoken since then.

I needed to find the time to tell Diggy what was going on and soon.

“Hey Dan,” I said, stopping in my tracks.

“Yeah sweetheart?’

“Could you come here?”

“What’s up?’ He walked over and stood directly in front of me.

“We need to talk.” I said quietly, avoiding his gaze.

“Uh oh. What’d I do now? We just got back together we shouldn’t have to talk.”

“About that,” I pulled him over to the couch area. “Why did you ask me out today?”

“Because it wouldn’t have been as special tomorrow.” He smiled.

“You weren’t enjoying your freedom?’ I asked.

“What freedom? I spent like every waking moment by your side.”

“And that wasn’t getting on your nerves?”

“At times I guess you could say it did.”

“And aren’t you going back to Queens for like…some time?”

“Exactly what are you getting at?’

“I just don’t think that this is good timing for us either. Aside from the fact that you reside in New York which is on the other half of the country, we’ve already been spending time together like crazy. Maybe it’s time we do our own thing and stay friends. I pretty much want everything between us to stay the same. Can we just lose the title?” I asked.

“Hold up, hold up, hold up. You mean to tell me you did all them fake ass crying and shit all so you could just break up with me hours later?’

“Why don’t you lower your tone? Those tears weren’t fake! I felt bad that’s why I was crying. And I felt bad, but point blank you are too clingy. Everywhere I go you go too. And God forbid someone kisses me under the mistletoe! I wasn’t even your girlfriend then. Diggy I love you I swear I do, but this is too much.”

“It’s always too much for you Jayden. I ain’t ask you to marry me I just asked you to date me. I don’t really think I want that any more though.”

“Well good then!” I crossed my arms, and rose to walk away.

“But wait!” Diggy called.

He approached me and took my right hand in his. The look in his eyes was one I couldn’t define.

“What are you…”

He snatched the ring off my finger and stormed off.

*

“What’s wrong Jay Jay?” My mom asked.

She and my grandma picked me and Janelle up from the airport. We were on our way back to my grandma’s house to finish off my Christmas.

“Mama, nobody calls me that anymore, and I already told you I’m fine.” I said, looking out of my window.

I really was fine, or at least I think I was.