Chapter 11:

TWIST’S POV;

“You wanna go home?” I asked.

“I think I want to go home.” Ashley corrected me. “I thought it over, Chris. Staying here with you just isn’t turning out how I thought it would. I’m always alone and bored. And quite frankly I just get tired of looking at your face all the time.” She said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes.

“it’s true what they say. Pregnant people are ruder than normal.” I chuckled. “I don’t want you to leave. I don’t want to miss out on any of this pregnancy.” I stated.

Ashley raised her eyebrows and her eyes widened. Uh-oh, I think I just the wrong thing.

“You don’t want to miss anything? Honey, you’re gone every night. And every day you’re with Xavier. Don’t get me wrong I want you to have friends, but where are my friends at? Who else do I have to talk to? It seems to me like you just want me here for your own selfish reasons.”

Yep, I definitely said the wrong thing.

“Well go home, pick your favorite friend, and then bring her back here with you.” I said.

“This conversation is officially over.” Ashley said.

She rose, slammed her chair towards the table, and stalked off towards our room.

I blame the hormones. I checked my phone to see if I had any new messages. There were three missed calls and two texts. The texts were from Diggy, one missed call was from Za, and the other two were from Jayden. Looks like I’m a pretty important person today.

I decided to call Jayden back. It seemed like she was trying to reach me the most.

“What’s up you with you blowing up my phone?” I asked when she answered.

“Attitude much? I only called you because I needed a favor.” Jayden said.

“That’s the only reason anyone ever calls me, because they need favors.” I mocked.

“The difference between me and everyone else is that I love you.” She said. I could tell she was trying to butter me up.

“Yeah, yeah. What do you want?” I asked.

“I might need to, I don’t know, live on your couch for like a week or less?”

“You know, you could not have asked at a better time.” I stated.

I pieced together the pieces of this puzzle instantly. If Jayden came to Miami, Ashley would have a friend, and I wouldn’t have to hear her bitch anymore.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“Long story short, Ash’s a little lonely. She could use a friend like you around.”

“Well let me finish asking you what I need to ask you before you answer. I’m not asking to come alone.” She paused. “You remember my younger sister Janelle? I think I might have to take her with me. Things aren’t exactly ‘okay’ enough for her to stay here…without me.”

“I don’t really care if she comes. It’ll be good practice for me and Ashley. If you don’t mind me asking, why aren’t things ‘okay’?” I hopped on the counter and waited for a response.

“By law my father isn’t allowed to be her primary care giver. My mother isn’t exactly stable in my opinion. I don’t want to leave her with my grandma. She’s done enough raising kids. That leaves Joanna. I don’t even think she can take care of the child she’s about to have let alone our sister. I’m literally her only option.” She explained.