Chapter 3

3rd person's POV
The rest of that day, she couldn't focus properly, her thoughts had been filled with Marcy Wu all over again.

Just great, the time she had finally gotten over the girl, she just had to come back and ruin all the progress. She grimaced slightly, and let out a heavy sigh.

Maybe it's a different Marcy— Oh who am I kidding? It's definitely her.

She has that same strive for perfection, and she has that same sweet smile, the same beauty and—

She forced those thoughts away and squeezed her eyes shut, before opening them again and looking down at her paper.

It was the second to last class of the day, and so far, she didn't share many classes with Marcy.

She wasn't sure what to do when she saw the girl again, she knew she was a terrible actor so it'd be hard to pretend she doesn't know her or is curious to why she's here.

She furrowed her brows in confusion, because Marcy didn't seem to recognize her, but then again she didn't recognize the other girl either.

She bit her lip, ready to get lost in thought again, but she jolted when someone tapped her shoulder. She looked over to see a concerned boy. "Anne? You okay?" "Twig! I-I'm all good," She said and plastered an unsure smile on her face.

He narrowed his eyes at her, it was pretty obvious to tell when she was lying, and he shook his head, "You better fill me in later." She hesitated but nodded.

And finally, the bell rang and Anne quickly gathered her things and left, already excited for the day to be over so she could think more deeply on her confusion for Marcy.

Once she had entered the class though, where there was no arranged seats, someone was sitting in her usual seat and she froze once she recognized the person while standing in front of them.

"Marcy..."

To be continued...