Chapter 2

Pairing: Pairing: Javier Peña x fem!reader (reader has a latina name but no physical descriptions)

Word Count: 1200+

Rating: M for mature - 18+ only! NSFW

Warnings: Just like ao3, "creator chooses not to use warnings." If you click Keep Reading, that means you agree that you're the age to handle mature themes. Also by clicking Keep Reading, you understand warnings may not be complete in order to avoid spoilers for the story.

A/N: Thank you everyone for the response and positive vibes from the intro of this series. This is the start of hopefully a great story that everyone will love.

To my muse @musings-of-a-rose for helping me with this.

**If you want to be added to the taglist, join or let me know!

Getting accustomed to the Bogotá weather was easy for you due to the fact that in Miami it was always summer weather, 365 days of the year. Miami was known for being summer practically the whole entire year so this type of weather was going to be normal for you there was just one thing you never consider at all "Humidity". The humidity here was not even close to Miami. The difference here is that during the day it was so hot that you could fry an egg on the street but the nights were just cool enough that you could feel the breeze coming through your window every night at your apartment.

It had already been two weeks since you had taken the job in Medellín. The agency had given you two weeks to get things settled before starting your new position in the CIA. The day before you started your job, you decided you wanted to try some local authentic food.

As you walked through the streets of Medellín, you could hear the loud music playing, children playing outside without a care, and the local bakeries and food markets selling their fresh food. You felt like you were back home going through Little Havana experiencing the sites and sounds. Upon your exploration, you stumbled upon a Cuban bakery that was near to your apartment. Authentic Cuban was something that you weren't expecting like back home but it was worth a shot to try and find out.

"Can I help you?"

A lady in her late 60s appeared. With flour that was covering her apron she came to the counter and greeted you with a big smile. Her personality reminded you of your grandmother back home. Her accent was thick but you understood her.

"Hi, yes do you have cheese pastry?"

"Of course! Not a lot of people like cheese desserts. You are not from here?"

"No, I am from the US - Miami, Florida. I came to Bogotá for a job. I arrived here two weeks ago."

The old lady gives a big smile at you. "You seem Latina. Where are you from?"

"Cuban."

"How exciting! I am also Cuban but I was brought up here in Medellín."

Being inside this bakery gave you a sense of comfort. Typical Cuban pastries were spread upon the display case. You missed your mom's home cooking and seeing all the delights in this bakery made you realize how worried your mom must be. Even though you took this assignment against your parents wishes it was the best thing you could have done.

The old lady hands you your requested dessert as well as the typical Cuban coffee, a "Café con Leche" (Coffee with milk).

"This is on the house for your arrival to Bogotá. If you ever need anything, please I am at your service". She smiles, and gives your shoulder a squeeze. Letting you know that this place is home and you will always be welcomed. Make you feel comfortable, make you feel like you have a new family