Chapter 6

Pairing: Pairing: Javier Peña x fem!reader (reader has a latina name but no physical descriptions)

Word Count: 5000+

Rating: M for mature - 18+ only! NSFW

Warnings: Just like ao3, "creator chooses not to use warnings." If you click Keep Reading, that means you agree that you're the age to handle mature themes. Also by clicking Keep Reading, you understand warnings may not be complete in order to avoid spoilers for the story.

A/N:  Thank you everyone for the response and positive vibes from the intro of this series. Comments and reblogs are always appreciated! Here we go :)

To my helpers thank you all  

The streets of the city were still quiet and the sound of your AC was all that was heard. Before you opened your eyes you let out a content sigh as you smiled like a little girl at a candy store. As corny as it was, you couldn't help it. Last night felt magical, it didn't seem real. Bringing up your blanket you hugged it and reminded yourself how Javi touched you in every point of your body. You start to open your eyes and stare out your window. Rubbing the sleep out from your eyes you turn over to reach for Javi when you notice that the space next to you was cold and empty. While expecting the warmth of Javi's body next to you all you saw was an empty cold pillowcase and sheets. You jumped upright and started scanning the room for a site of him.

But he was gone....

.... And you were alone.

"Javi?"

No answer.

"Javi?''

You called out with hope of a response but your voice just echoed in your apartment. Hoping that Javi had just moved to the living room and fell asleep you wrap your naked body with your bed sheet and tip-toed down the hall towards your living room. Nerves started kicking as you started to closely approach your couch. Your throat started to burn. As you lean over you close your eyes in utter disappointment as you see an empty sofa couch with no Javi in it.

You collapse into the armchair on your couch. Pinching your forehead, you try to force your blunder out of your mind. Feelling so stupid. Why did you do this? Why did you believe that Javi would have been different with you? He played you like a fool. Feeling defeated, you get up and head towards the kitchen to make yourself some coffee. In approaching your kitchen counter you noticed something that was not there last night. Wiping the tears from your face you pick up the note and all you see are the two words that you were dreading to see.

I'm Sorry.
Shoulders collapse, you stand in the middle of the kitchen feeling hopeless. It was obvious Javi took the opportunity to take you to bed because you wanted him but at least have the decency to say sorry straight to your face. You cried softly as you stared at the dripping coffee from your coffee machine. Standing there, you grabbed the pot and started pouring coffee in your cup and all you thought about was why your life was unfair and what bad luck you have, you took a deep breath and then laughed.
You didn't know what sucked more, the reminder that you were alone yet again or the clean up that you have to do now because the coffee has now spilled all over the kitchen counter.
"Fuck! Shit!"
You realized you burnt your hand with spilled coffee, not a great way to continue feeling miserable about yourself. Tears of pain were coming down. How worse can this morning get? The rest of your Sunday you spent crumbling in your bedroom just feeling overwhelmed with sadness. How could you have been so vulnerable knowing what everyone had warned you about? You thought based on how he acted towards you in the dinner and the wedding that he would act differently with you and prove what people said about him was just an exaggeration. But you were wrong.
The afternoon came and, still locked in your bedroom, you looked at your watch realizing it is now 7pm and tomorrow you had to face Javi at work.
What were you going to do?
Would you say something?
Do you ignore him?
Unsure on what to do you finally decided to get out of your bed, take a shower and head to the local bakery to get some dinner. As you head down the stairway you hear his voice in the background speaking to someone. You quickly hid between the stairs so that he wouldn't hear you or see you. As you are hiding you notice another voice that was talking to him, a very familiar voice.
"Javi, thank you for calling me. This was fun."
"Yeah ... no problem."
You quickly realized who it was.
Katie....
Without hesitation or care that he saw you, you ran quickly down the stairs and out the apartment complex. You ran as fast as you could as far as you could to let out the steam that was building up inside you. The wind blowing through your body made you relax and forget everything that was going. You wouldn't stop running. When you finally hit a reaching point that couldn't run anymore you realized that you had spent the last 20 minutes running without a break. Without a breath you laid against the wall and realized that you had just landed in a small restaurant where you were able to sit down and have dinner.
After dinner you came back to the apartment complex in a taxi. Slowly dragging your feet going up the steps you passed by Javi's room with the intention to confront him about last night. But something held you back from doing that. Was it fear? Was it worth telling him? He quickly didn't care about last night because he was having fun with Katie. He isn't worth your time. It's best to leave this as a one time fling and move on. Never to be mentioned again and that's what you did. Your relationship with Javi was going to be strictly professional as it was since day one. Nothing on what happened was never going to be mentioned. At this point you just want to catch all these drug lords and go back home and forget Javi all together and that's what you were going to do.
Several Weeks Later...
Several weeks had passed by and Javier had noticed how you were acting around him. You were very cold but with reason that he knew of. Javi knew that you would be upset but he didn't know it would be like this. Keeping things professional as you said you would, you barely spoke a word to him that wasn't work related. Late night dinners and personal conversations together ended. Though the both of you would stay late you would bring your own dinner or would just skip out of dinner to avoid having to spend time with him. Javi was extremely frustrated. He felt guilty because he crossed the line by sleeping with you but at the same time he couldn't resist noticing how beautiful you were on the day of the wedding.  He felt guilty taking advantage of the moment and of you. As much as he would want to pursue something with you in this line of work, having a relationship can be a risk and can cause harm so it was best to keep his distance from you and the best way to do that was drowning himself in work.