Chapter 13

(Ariela's POV)

I put my phone down on my table after the last text that was sent from Mara. I looked back at my mirror and I brushed my hair to loosen my curls that I had from today's photo shoot. Elena and I had the rest of the day off so Cole insisted on taking me out to dinner. I agreed since Elena was introducing Dana to her dad today by having him go to dinner at her house. I had taken a body bath once I got home with a small nap afterward until I got woken up with the buzzing of my phone. Part of me wanted to ask Cole if we could go to the fair and give Brisa and her backstabbing sister my two cents but I knew that it was Mara's fight this time and she needed to do this on her own. 

I turned in my stool to my bed to see the dress that Elena had picked for me to earlier when she dropped me off with her mom. I stood up and stripped out of the tank top and sweats that I was wearing earlier and put on the dress. I examined myself in the mirror on my vanity table, feeling a little self-conscious because the dress showed off more cleavage than I wanted to so I pulled some of my hair to the front hopefully covering the extra cleavage. I sat back on my stool and began applying my make up. I kept it natural but slightly smokey eyed since Cole mentioned that it was a semi-formal dinner. I put on the light gold pearl necklace that was my grandmother's from my mom's side who I never met since she passed away a year before I was born but my mother gave it to me a long time ago since she always said that I was just like my grandmother. I clipped on a cream colored rose hair clip on one side before I put on my gold drop earrings and lastly strapped on my light gold heels. I know I have an obsession with gold but I wear some silver at times too. I stood back up again and look at my whole outfit through the mirror (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=156577376).

There was a knock on my door and I turned to see my little brother Liam opening the door with his sandy blonde head peeping in and his hazel-green eyes looked at me.

"Cole is here" Liam told me. 

"Thank you, Liam" I said with a smile and I looked back at the mirror before taking a deep breath and grabbing my clutch from the table.

"You look pretty" Liam said still standing at my doorway.

"Thank you" I thanked my little brother, "Come here"

I pulled Liam into a hug and he squeezed my waist with a smile.

"You better get out there, Sean looked like he was going to grill Cole" Liam said as he let go of the hug.

I groaned, "Sean is going to be the death of me, I've been with Cole for over 2 months already, and I thought that you didn't like Cole?"

Liam shrugged his little shoulders, "I may be 10 but I could see that he makes you happy, Ari, the way you used to be before mom left"

I knelt down to Liam's eye level as I placed my hand on his shoulder, "When did you get so smart?"

"Since I started reading chapter books" Liam giggled.

I ruffled his hair, "Alright, I'll be out right now"

"Okay" Liam ran out of my room as I heard him yell, "She's coming!"

I smiled to myself at my little brother's outburst and I opened up my door more to walk though and closed the door behind me. I walked down my hallway as my heels clicking against the hardwood floor while I headed to the living room. I noticed that Cole was engaged in a conversation with my dad while Sean was sitting on the couch playing on his Nintendo DS and Liam looking over at his shoulder. I looked back at Cole to see that he looked very handsome dressed in a wine red button up shirt with a grey blazer and dark blue jeans. When Cole turned to see me standing in the hallway, he looked at me in awe. I looked down a bit as I felt my cheeks burning up as I walked up to him and my dad.