Texas

written: 12/12/2021 - 5/12/2022

It was a beautiful day in Borger, Texas. The sun was shining, birds were singing, it was a fucking wonderful day. Everything was going well for Alvin as he made his way to his place of work at one of the many local oil refineries. He looked up and saw an actual fucking rainbow. It wasn't even raining and yet there was a rainbow. Alvin knew that it was going to be a good day. He made a quick stop at the local Sonic Drive-In to pick up a Corn Dog Wacky Pack and then continued his journey to work.

Alvin was in such a good mood that he decided to open up pandora and listen to some music. The first song to play was dancing queen by abba.

"Oh boy this is one of my favorite songs," said Alvin.

"you can dance You can jive Having the time of your life Ooh, see that girl Watch that scene Digging the dancing queen Friday night and the lights are low Looking out for a place to go Where they play the right music Getting in the swing You come to look for a king Anybody could be that guy Night is young and the music's high With a bit of rock music Everything is fine You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance You are the dancing queen Young and sweet Only seventeen Dancing queen Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah You can dance You can jive Having the time of your life Ooh, see that girl Watch that scene Digging the dancing queen You're a teaser, you turn 'em on Leave 'em burning and then you're gone Looking out for another Anyone will do You're in the mood for a dance And when you get the chance You are the dancing queen Young and sweet Only seventeen Dancing queen Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah You can dance You can jive Having the time of your life Ooh, see that girl Watch that scene Digging the dancing queen Digging the dancing queen" he sang.

Then Alvin got to his place of work. The jewel of the town. Phillips 66 Borger Oil Refinery.

Alvin took genuine pride in the fact that he got to work at the best oil refinery in town. It was common for the employees at the other oil refineries in town to try to apply here, but more often than not they didn't make the cut.

Alvin did though and Alvin intended to spend the rest of his life working here. Right here at Phillips 66 Borger Oil Refinery.

"Hey Mr. Chipmunk," said Larry, Alvin's boss.

"Hi Larry!" Said Alvin, Larry's employee.

"Has anyone eaten you today?" Asked Alvin.

"No," Said Larry.

"Ok" said Alvin.

"Ok you get a promotion, Alvin," said Larry.

"Omg wow," said Alvin.

"Ok get back to work," Said Larry.

"Ok," said Alvin.

Part of Alvin's job was to make sure that nobody ate his boss, Larry, because it was actually a real problem they ran into pretty often.

Alvin went to his work station and began refining oils. Occasionally, a tourist or customer would stop by, but that's just how it was at the oil refinery. Alvin loved working there.

Another customer walked up to Alvin's workstation.

"Hey can i like have one refined oil" said the customer.

"Yeah sure," said Alvin, handing the customer one refined oil.

The customer left.

It was Alvin's lunch break.

He checked his motorola g7 plus to find a message from his girlfriend, Nikita Dragun.

"Omg hi babe, i wuz listening 2 [island in the sun by weezer]  and thot of u<3"