8: Can't take the ache from heartbreak

***Abigail's POV***

I'm in a payphone trying to call home

All of my change I spent on you

I woke up and rubbed the back of my head furiously. That was my phone signaling there was a message.

I grabbed it and blinked a few times before opening my phone. There was a message from Kesha. I clicked it and started reading her message....

From: Sha2x

Meet me at the playground near our school. Where we tripped those twelve year old girls and they're dates.

Sent at 6:12 am

I laughed a little at what Kesha said. I mean, we were troublemakers.

I replied back immediately...

To: Sha2x

Sure! I'll be there in twenty minutes. See ya ;)

Sent at 6:13 am

I placed my phone at my desk and started dressing up to meet Kesha.

I picked this black undershirt and covered it with my red varsity. I placed red lipstick and smiled at the mirror. I am ready to go.

Slowly, I closed the door and silently headed out of the house.

* * * * *

Once I arrived at the playground, I called out, "Kesha?"

"Kesha?"

"Kesha where are you?"

I turned around the swing set and there I saw Kesha, sitting in the seesaw. But, she's alone.

I walk slowly to her direction. Once I neared her, I saw her crying. There were many packets of tissue on the ground and her nose is red.

"Kesha! What's going on?" I exclaimed, walking a bit faster to her. Noticing my prescence, her head lifts up. She smiles sadly.

"Oh. Y-You came," Kesha stuttered.

"Of course," I replied, sitting beside Kesha. "Your my best friend. And best friends help each other. Always," I said, smiling 

Her smile disappeared and she looked down to the ground again.

"I'm so glad to have a friend like you, Abigail. But, there's some bad, bad news..." Kesha says, her eyes still focused on the ground.

"What do you mean?" I ask, eager to know.

"Me and Lance broke up. He broke up with me. I don't know why. He just said, 'Hey let's break up,' a-and I was like, 'S-sure.' I didn't want to show him that I'm weak enough to handle this. Because I am. Oh god, why am I even saying this. You must think I'm completely crazy right now and-"

"Kesha, Kesha slow down! I can't understand a word you just said. Also, I don't think you're crazy. It's normal for girls who have experienced having their hearts broken to come pouring out what they feel. That doesn't mean you're crazy. I mean, all I can say is, TRY TO MOVE ON! Yep, that's right. Just please cry yourself a river, build a bridge and get over it! Okay?" I explain, holding out my hand for her to shake.

She looks up and there are tears in her eyes. Oh no, don't tell me I just made her cry even more. That was great advice! Okay, okay Abigail. Time to apolo-

"OMG, thank you Abigail! If the others hear this they're gonna think I'm a weakling. But, you can't take the ache from heartbreak, right?" Kesha exclaims, taking my hand and shaking it.

We let go and I nod.

"Yep. You can't take the ache from hearbreak."