Trapped

My favorite movies
Are tales never filmed
That I dream of living out
A private screening
That plays in the field
But I'm trapped inside this house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This starts the summer after fifth year. Wormtail is not a part of the Marauders cause I don't like him. He's not in this story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus thought of his best friend, Lily as he lay in his room in pain. He thought of what he would tell her when she asked about the new scars his father had inflicted upon him. He thought about how his life would get better tomorrow since he would be returning to Hogwarts from summer break. Severus then remembered something, Lily hadn't spoken to him all summer since he had called her a 'mudblood'.  She had refused to speak to him even after he had tried multiple times to apologize. When he returned home, his father was drunk and had told him his mother was gone and was never coming back. Severus knew what this meant, his mother was dead, and his father had killed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walk through the halls, trace the walls
Back to where we made our memories
See what will never be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus had tears running down his face as he remembered the brutal beating he had received for yelling at his father, accusing him of murdering his mother. Tobias had confessed as he beat Severus, but since Tobias was a muggle, there was nothing Severus could do until he got back to Hogwarts. Even then the only thing he could do was once again beg the headmaster to let him stay at Hogwarts year-round.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Through unopened windows, bound to my heart
Fantasy so close, feels so afar
But I long to break the lock and live among the life we lost
Through unopened windows, they tear me apart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus's last thought before passing out was, 'I can't wait to be free...only two more years, only two more...' Severus blacked out and awoke at five the next morning. He got up, ignoring the searing hot pain shooting across his body from the gashes, and cleaned his wounds, wrapping them before grabbing his trunk and sneaking out the window. He rode the knight bus to king's cross station and passed through platform 9 3/4, sitting on his trunk and waiting for the train to come into the station. After about two hours, the train finally came into the station and the doors opened, Severus got up and grabbed his trunk, going to the compartment all the way in the back and settling down. After a while, the station filled with families, and students filled the train, leaving for Hogwarts.

As the train headed for Hogwarts, Severus got some BruiseWart Balm from his trunk and started applying it to his arms. As he was applying the balm to his arms, the compartment door suddenly burst open, revealing the Marauders, startling Severus.

"Ooh look Padfoot! It's Snivellous! What'cha got there Snivelly?" James Potter exclaimed and snatched the balm from Severus' hands.

Severus flinched, "Give it back Potter."

"Why should I Snivelly? What even is this?" James sneered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sick of hearing
That time always heals
Try to tell that to my scars
Sure, it stopped the bleeding
And it's harder to feel
But it really left a mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus rolled his eyes, "Can't you read Potter? It's a balm to seal wounds and turn them into scars, since I don't know any healing spells, this is the best I can do. And as I would rather not bleed out right now, I suggest you give it back unless you want to literally be the death of me." Severus accidentally ranted.