149 ; godric's hollow

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

YOU SIT BY THE EDGE OF THE CLIFF, STARING OFF INTO THE SKY.

"hermione? you were right" you hear harry say, you glance back before sitting up and walking over to the two.

"snitches have flesh memories.. but i didn't catch the first snitch with my hand, i almost swallowed it"

you and harry both sit, legs in a small ditch. he passes hermione the snitch, " 'i open at the close' "

"yeah, what do you think that means?"

"i don't know"

you peer over at the golden ball.

"i found something as well"

you both sit on either side of hermione.

"at first i thought it was an eye, but now i don't think it is. it isn't a rune, and it isn't anywhere in spellman's syllabary. somebody inked it in. it isn't part of the book. somebody drew it"

you look at the symbol drawn on the book, it was a triangle with a circle and line in the middle.

"luna's dad was wearing that at bill and fleur's wedding"

"why would someone draw it in a children's book?" you question.

"look, hermione, [name], i've been thinking. i want to go to godric's hollow"

you look up at harry.

"it's where i was born. it's where my parents died"

hermione sighs, "that's exactly where he'll expect you to go because it means something to you" she stands up.

"yeah, but it means something to him too, hermione. you-know-who almost died there"

you all sit up, hermione picks up all her stuff.

"i mean, isn't that exactly the type of place he'd be likely to hide a horcrux?"

you nod, "harry's right, hermione"

 "it's-it's dangerous, harry" she sighs, "but even i'll have to admit, recently i've been thinking we'll have to go there"

you all walk back to the tent.

"i think it's possible something else is hidden there"

"what?"

"the sword. if dumbledore wanted you to find it, but didn't want it falling into the ministry's hands where better to hide it than the birthplace of the founder of gryffindor?"

"hermione.."

you all stop, hermione smiles, pushing back some of harry's hair, "don't ever let me give you a haircut again"