Chapter 7 : Lighthearted Request

It is currently 10:30 and the sun is still shining bright. The Four adventurers sat at their usual meeting spot, The Cats' Tail staircase. Despite them already present at the moment, they find themselves in a gloomy state.

𝟑𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨...

Amber : Ah, you two!

Eula : You're already here, Amber.

Sam : What got your spirits up? We're not doing it until that "Unlucky" boy comes back.

Eula : Where is he now?

Amber : He'll be back in a pinch, he made a full recovery too. Somehow he felt more energetic than ever...

Sam : Yeah, I wonder why..

Eula : With that aside, what is it that you wanted to talk about?

Amber : Well, I have to be honest with you but--

Bennett : ...Ah, you guys!

Bennett arrived and waves at them with a big bright smile. Knowingly enough, Amber arrived at the church unconscious while Bennett was left leaving in the chair using a bag of flour as a
pillow, Rosaria left it there she doesn't wanna get in trouble with the law.

Sam : Benny boy! You came right on time! Alright then, It's time for that commissio--

Amber : Well, it is about that!

Sam : ...Huh?

𝐀𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞...

All of them had their heads down, sulking to know that their commission had already been turned in by other Adventurers. Amber and Bennett sitting at the lowest step of stairs accompanied by Sam and Eula who was behind them.

Eula leaning at the wall of the building staring blankly at the streets, Amber tapping and rubbing the railing of the staircase, Bennett resting his head on his hands while viewing the ever-moving clouds, Sam was...

Sam : Dear Diary... Today, It is very unfortunate that other group of Adventurers have already gotten over with the commission for today. It is horrible time for our first day... I can taste the salty flavor of my own mistakes, This I wont forget in all of our journey.

Eula : Is... Is he talking to a rock?

Amber : Obviously enough... You still haven't gotten over with the rock?

Sam : It's Miniano, thank you. He has shared many of our journey across this vast world. And yet he is a better companion to whoever was I caught from that shore.

Amber : Speaking of companions... Where is Paimon?

Sam : You hear that...?

Amber : ...?

Sam : Inner-peace...

Eula : Seriously though, how can we miss with such simple task? For us, it's merely just the usual work that we would do, but, seeing us failing to a task as simple as this is too humiliating..

Sam : If only a certain someone didn't spend TOO much time at the church.

Bennett : Come on, my leg was injured and you know it! I can't do much if I make myself a burden in our commission.

Sam : You're a burden to us even before the commission. Not to mention you have that woman all to yourself.

Bennett : I-It's just... Pure coincidence..?

Sam : If that statement is true then I would eat my own ass.

Amber : Come to think of it, don't you think Sister Rosaria got a little too comfortable with Bennett?