Chapter 7.5 : Desperation Attempt

Bennett : Guys, I'm back!

...

There was no response at the Adventurers' Guild when Bennett came back, he was expecting them to arrive earlier than him.

He ponders if he's either lucky or unlucky since he arrived much earlier than everyone else. He sat down at the usual spot, the Cats' Tail Staircase.

He waited for just a moment until he was interrupted by a familiar figure. No surprise it was nobody else that has this spiteful demeanor, Diona herself.

Bennett : O-Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to sit on the staircase--

Diona : What, I didn't say anything about the staircase... yet.

Bennett : Huh? You usually scold us for sitting on this staircase, what happened?

Diona : W-Well, you know... Anyways! You guys are free to sit here, I don't mind either. Don't go thinking I owe you too, okay!?

Bennett : Woah! Okay, Okay!

Diona : Sigh... you're looking for them, are you?

Bennett : I figure they'd be here before I do, like they usually do. But I don't really know if I arrived too late or too early.

Diona : If you look at it that way, you're just in time!

Bennett : For what?

Diona : You were late, yes, but that Ponytailed Knight already left with the Blue Girl.

Diona : If I remember correctly, I think they went somewhere near the river of Dragonspine somewhere...

Bennett : Does that mean I need to go there?

Diona : Duh! I have other things to do, you can just go!

Bennett : Oh alright, I'll see you in a bit, Diona!

Diona : Just go! No need for any "Goodbyes"!

Bennett slightly motivated got up from the staircase getting ready to reach Dragonspine. But before that, he was still wondering why Diona allowed him and his team to sit on the staircase.

He turned around looking straight towards Diona who has her arms crossed as she looked at Bennett spitefully.

Bennett : Is it just me... Or you got a little warm to us?

Diona : EH-- Where'd this come from!?

Bennett : Especially Samuel...

Diona threw small canned fish at Bennett, he took cover with his arms above his head and make a run for it. He can still hear the Irritated Diona hissing and ranting in the distance. Passing through the guards at the gates, he finally made a dash towards Dragonspine at full speed.

Not before scaring away the Pigeons in front of Timmie, this made him sad, but Bennett has no time for remorse, yet. He does feel a little bad for Timmie, but hey, they'll be back. He's going to have to write an apology letter to Timmie.

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝟓 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

An exhausted Bennett was catching breath as he reached the shivering winds within Dragonspine. He does not have the nerve to go there alone, but, knowing that they'll be there made him feel safe.

As he took a step forward to the soft and crunchy noise of the snowy terrain, a sound is heard, not far from where he is...

CLINK! CLANG!

He heard the sound of the clash of two swords mixed with the sound of hard impact on the ground, slightly shaking the ground that made him jump.

He went over to investigate this mysterious sound by hiding behind a rock, he was scared to take a slight peek, so he hid there for a moment until the constant clashing comes to a halt.