Love Of A Billionaire

A requested plot, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon or the image used.

____________________________________

The region of fantasy, Kalos is one beautiful place, being the most populous region.

Monuments and other historic architecture were craftwork from different eras. Eye-catching skyscrapers stood tall, most notably the Prism Tower, being the beacon of Lumiose City. Cities shine brightly, as neon lights emit throughout the bustling cityscape at night while people flood the streets, shoes slapping the concrete median.

Among the cityscape was the nightclub that all citizens of Kalos know.

The Ketchum's Cabaret is the largest nightclub you'll find in Lumiose City. La famile Ketchums are one of the most influential families in town, each generation only sees their fortune increase like a rocketship, they practically own half of Kalos with their hands in all sorts of industries you could imagine.

The lights faintly illuminated the club that was crowded with people as they danced to their heart's content on the dance floor, drinking like a hangover and liver failure is just a myth, to the music which was like drugs, bringing the people to feel higher and higher while their minds buzzed with excitement.

Behind the screams and shouts was a man standing in front of a girl that was washing the dishes.

(Scene Change)

"Hurry up! The plates aren't gonna wash themselves! You won't get your pay if you keep this up!" The furious man berated the girl in front of him.

"Yes, sir," Serena replied with her head down, before sighing after her boss left.

Despite working in the largest club in Kalos, her paycheck surely isn't large, she is pretty sure she is not even paid the minimum wage.

However, she didn't have a choice as both her sick mom and she are illegal immigrants from Hoenn. With that in mind, no one dared to hire her and put themselves at risk of being prosecuted.

Hence how the underpaying manager was able to take advantage of her. The wage was their only source of income so she couldn't do much.

The club's manager only hired her because of it, using it to pay her not even half of what the Ketchum Industries' policies promised for each worker. The rest of the money? Straight into the man's pocket as none of the other workers was dared enough to speak up against his act of greed.

Serena resumed washing the plates. Her reflection from the water waved at her while she recalled how her life slowly fell apart and how her attempt at rebuilding it was nothing but a letdown so far.

(Memories)

Her life was simple like any other kid, being the sole child in the family guaranteed that she enjoyed all the attention and care. Who knows those simplest things that you take for granted when young become memories you can only dream of living again.

Living in a small comfy house in Hoenn, that once represented their whole world, the happy family was living a comfortable life that they thought would last forever, with her dad's local business becoming more successful.

Things didn't last... Hoenn's financial crisis of 2007 was the culprit that took away all of the man's hard work and likely sanity, leaving a broken alcoholic.

(Scene Change)

"It's all your fault, you good for nothing useless brat!" Her father barked, before taking a swig of his whiskey.

His hand then made contact with little Serena's face, leaving a red mark. Serena brought her hand up to rub the red area, hoping to relieve it while tears slowly made their way to her cheeks from her watery eyes.