Chapter 13 The Queen Of Hell

"So it went well?" Jody asked.

Sam looked down at the phone for a second.

"Yeah."

"You don't sound sure."

"Oh no, it's nothing. Just there was another hunter living there that helped me out. She was this kid that worked at the diner there."

"A kid?"

"Yeah, she's twenty-one."

"What's the problem?"

"There was something about her that I still can't shake. And there was something that a demon said...You know never mind it's probably nothing." Sam said, trying to shake the feeling that had been plaguing him for the past week since he left Connecticut.

"Well, you could always look into her a little. Just to give yourself peace of mind."

"Yeah maybe. Thanks, Jody."

"Anytime Sam...seriously anytime."

"Okay. Same here. Bye Jody."

"Bye Sam."

The line ended. Sam leaned back in the set. He had been searching for a new case for the past three hours before Jody had called. Guilt settled in his belly. He should have checked in earlier. Jody had been worried he could tell from her voice when he had first picked up the phone. He scrolled through the contacts on his phone, coming to a stop on Eilene's. They hadn't talked in almost a year. He stared for a long time until he let out a frustrated breath then turned off the screen and flipped it over.

Sam pulled his laptop in front of him. He typed Daniella Taylor into the search bar. He flicked through any of the information that he could find. Something was bothering him about this girl he just couldn't figure out what. The longer he sat in that motel room thinking about it the more it bothered him. He flicked through yearbooks from her high-school days. He paused when he spotted Jason. Dani was piggies back on his back they both had beaming faces like they were midway through a laugh. They both looked like they had just stepped out of the 80s hair seized to high heaven, wearing muscle Tees that read "The Bourbon room". The title of the page read "Hardest act to follow." The subheading to the photo read "Theatre society's "Dani Taylor and Jason Andrews drama club's production of Rock of ages musical 2018". The rest of the page was filled with others like most popular and best hair, most likely to...and so on. Sam smiled a little at the photo. He moved on to any news articles that he could find. One, in particular, caught his eye. The title read "Piller of the Community Dead" the first words of the article read "Jewels Taylor found dead." He scrolled down further to a small grainy black and white photo of Dani the subheading read "Survived by her only daughter Daniella Taylor." He checked the date of the article May 21 2018. He thought back to the previous photo of how happy she had looked just a few months before compared to the one that was in front of him now. He didn't find much else except a few reviews on some amateur theatre productions in which she was credited as part of the cast. Other than that there weren't many things that garnered any attention at least from the news local or otherwise.

He let out a frustrated sigh. He looked down at the dog at his feet.

"Who is this girl huh buddy?" He asked. Miracle cocked his head to the side letting out a small whine. As if a light bulb went off in his brain Sam started typing. It took him a while but he finally managed to hack into her records. Her adoption papers were the first. He squinted at the sheet. The name on the sheet was "Jane Doe" before adoption. He dug further into her file until he came across a police report. His chest tightened as he read the word.

"Two week old Baby Jane Doe was found in an abandoned truck by the side of highway 14 by Messenger's Bridge at 23:30 hours. Baby Doe was dehydrated and weak after being found she was rushed to the hospital. She was estimated to have been abandoned in the truck for up to five hours. Doctors were surprised she had survived so long on her own. Investigations into Baby Doe's parentage have revealed nothing as of yet. The vehicle has shown up in the system as reported stolen."

Why would anyone just leave their child like that? He made his way through the whole file. There was no new information other than the case being closed and Dani being put up for adoption and a few phycological evaluations. This was a dead-end all it was doing was making him angry. He snapped the laptop shut. None of this was helping. His brain wandered back to the demon in the shack. The demon seemed to know something.

 -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

A few hours later Sam was stood at a crossroads metal tin in hand. Mear moments after the tin had been buried he heard a voice behind him.

"I'm not making a deal with you Winchester." The feminine voice came. Sam turned to see the crossroads demon standing behind him. Her meat suit was a pretty petite sort of woman with black perfectly curled hair that rested just below her shoulders.

"That's fine. I don't want to. I just need some information."

"Oh? On what exactly?" She asked.

"Daniella Taylor."

The crossroads demon looked shocked, then in a blink of an eye, she was gone. Sam's shoulders slumped his hope for finding answers slipping away. He kicked a little at the dirt that covered the tin.

"Hello Samuel." The familiar voice made him look up.

"Rowena?"

"The one and only."

Rowena was dressed in a form-fitting black dress and her hair was perfectly styled as always.

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought it best if I was the one who came to talk to you about young Daniella. She is family after all and I know how Winchesters feel about family." She smiled softly. Sam frowned at that.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"She really didn't tell you?! I was sure she would."

"What?"

"She's Dean's child, Samuel. You're niece."

"What but how?!"

"Well, I don't think I have to explain to you where babies come from."

"No I mean who's her mother?"

"No idea. The only thing in her blood of note was Winchester, according to my demons anyway. One of my demons got word back to hell when they crossed paths with her. My information is from him."

Sam's mind flicked back to the day they had met, Dani's injures, the scratch on her face and the bandages. She said she had been hunting demons and the way she had reacted when he told her his name made sense now. She knew. She knew and she kept it from him.