Epilogue

Music blasted from the tiny speaker that sat on the windowsill of Dani's small apartment. Pillars of sunlight shot through the windows. Dani stood at the countertop in her open-plan kitchen. She was hand whisking dough in a large plastic mixing bowl. She swayed slightly to the music while harmonizing with the song.

"Suger, butter, flour. Sometimes I still see her my mother the dreamer. She said nothin's impossible child~"

The music stopped and was replaced by Dani's AC/DC's "highway to hell" ringtone. She let out a frustrated puff of air at being interrupted.

"I was in the zone." She muttered before pressing the answer button without looking at the caller ID. "Hello, Dani Taylor!" She answered brightly.

"Dani hey, it's Sam."

Dani froze and placed the mixing bowl down.

"Uh Sam, hey."

"What are you doing today?"

"Nothing much why?" The wooden spoon clinked against the bowl's rim as she nudged it with her finger.

"I could use some help on a hunt...If you're up for it?"

"I could be amenable." Dani smirked "What are we up against."

AN: This is the end of the first book in this series. I am planning on writing another book soon. I've loved writing this story and I hope you have enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Write again soon.

Meg ❤️💋💙