Pleasure Principle

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since the universe played its greatest practical joke on Yujin and made Jang Wonyoung her tutor. Grumpy, abrasive, sarcastic, broody, apathetic, yet infuriatingly smart, Jang Wonyoung.

"Are we really going to do this every time?" Yujin huffed as she walked back to their usual meeting place in the library.

She had completely forgone her usual polite entrance of clearing her throat and acting apologetic for interrupting whatever make-out session was happening. But by now, she was done with it. And if she had to pretend to be anything other than completely annoyed at what she continuously walked in on, she might actually kill someone. Which would be bad. But, seriously. Did this have to happen every time they met up in the library? And where was she even finding these girls?

Wonyoung pulled away from yet another 'study buddy' and smirked at Yujin. She wiped her bottom lip with her thumb slowly, "Jealous, babe?"

Yujin just rolled her eyes and dropped her backpack on the ground before dropping down into one of the chairs. She started pulling out her notes as Wonyoung said her goodbyes. It was the same every time. Flirty smile, wink, whispering in the ear, then they went on their way.

"Like I would be jealous of your nameless conquests, anyway." Yujin finally commented as Wonyoung sat back down on the couch, clearly pleased with herself.

"Nameless?" Wonyoung raised an eyebrow, "What makes you think I don't know their names?"

Yujin thought about it for a second, "Cause you have a tendency to call people by little pet names."

"Only you, darling," Wonyoung smirked before opening up her backpack and pulling out a notebook covered with more doodles than actual notes.

"Right." Yujin scoffed, setting her elbow on her knee and leaning her chin into the palm of her hand as she looked over the notes in front of her.

"Sullyoon, Jinni, Kazuha..."

Yujin looked up confused until it dawned on her what Wonyoung was doing.

Wonyoung flipped through her notebook, continuing her marit lazily, "Ryujin. Mmm, Ryujin. I should text her—"

"Alright, I get it." Yujin groaned. She watched her for a minute as she realized Wonyoung was right. As much as Yujin hated the nicknames Wonyoung gives her, and the fact that she had never once called her Yujin in the short time they had known each other, she had to admit she hadn't heard her use the nicknames with anyone else. At least not those pet names. "So why give me stupid nicknames then?"

Wonyoung just shrugged without looking up, "Cause I know it annoys you."

Yujin bunched up her face in annoyance and glared at Wonyoung silently.

The lack of response caused Wonyoung to glance up and her bored expression shifted to a smirk almost immediately, "And that bunched-up little face you make when you're angry is hilarious, honey." Wonyoung chuckled and grabbed a pen from her bag. Starting a drawing of swirls on her current page.

"Ok, wait." Yujin tapped the end of her pen against her chin as she narrowed her eyes, clearly thinking hard about what Wonyoung had just said. "Say that again, but, make sense."

Wonyoung rolled her eyes, "It's really not that complicated." She leaned forward, pointing to a paragraph in Yujin's Psychology textbook. "Classical psychoanalysis conceives of a struggle between the pleasure principle and the reality principle." She looked up at Yujin who had no idea what she was saying, "So we are talking about motivations that come from instinctive impulses, versus motivations fueled by self-esteem, or ego."