Shooting Stars

"You wanted to see me?" Yujin shifted the book in her arms and held it tightly to her chest. She thought she had done well in her midterm, but Professor Lee asking her to stay after class didn't seem like a good sign.

"Yes, I wanted you to take a look at your exam." Professor Lee flipped through a stack of tests till he found the one with Yujin's name on it. Swirly 'Y' and finished with a smiley face.

Yujin took the test and reluctantly let her eyes fall on the red mark in the top right corner.

"Are you serious?" Yujin asked, wide-eyed.

Professor Lee chuckled and held out his hand for Yujin to return her test.

"But that's an A right? 93 is an A, Isn't it?" Yujin asked, still a little shocked.

"It is." He placed Yujin's test back in its place, "It seems you've improved."

"Uh, yeah!" Yujin was over being shocked and had moved on to be extremely excited.

"With the improvements you've made, I wanted to give you the option of putting a stop to the tutoring." Lee's attention was only half on Yujin and half on the new students entering the room for his next class.

Stop tutoring? But that would mean no more Wonyoung, wouldn't it? Sure Yujin considered them to be friends, but up to this point, it was mostly based on circumstance. They had become friends because Wonyoung didn't have the choice not to spend time with Yujin. Given the option would she still spend time with her?

"I think I'd like to keep up with the tutoring." Her words came out fast, like if she didn't say it right away she might not have the option anymore. "I mean, it's been really helpful."

"Very well." He offered her a small smile before moving around her to get ready to start his class, "I just wanted to give you the choice."

And just like that he was diving into his next class, leaving Yujin to make her exit while overthinking what had just happened.

Was it fair to trap Wonyoung like that? Was trap even the right word? Was she being silly in thinking Wonyoung wouldn't hang out with her without being forced to? She did say yes to the carnival, after all. But that was after Yujin had brought up using it as a study date to watch people. Why had she done that? Or right, 'cause she's an idiot.

Wonyoung had slipped in while Yujin was talking to Professor Lee at the front of the room. Like usual she made her way up to the back of the auditorium and dropped down into one of the seats near the wall. She sank low in it and crossed her legs.

Showing up to class was such a boring way to spend her day and it was severely cutting into her regular naps.

She had yet to call her mother back and honestly had no intention to. Her mother would find her if she wanted to. But the email from Lee was something she was nervous about. Especially seeing the face Yujin was making upfront.