Chapter 3 : The Hidden Cases

"No no no no no no no." Ink repeated the same words til he ran out of breath. He was nervously walking around his small apartment for one main reason.

He's gonna lose his house.

Ofcourse, no one likes getting their house demolished just like that. There was more to his apartment than broken appliances.

"Calm down." Error spoke emotionlessly.

"I can't. I-I I can't." The other panicked. If the building gets demolished, where will he live now? "I don't know what to do, it's not like I can persuade him!"

"Don't you have other relatives you can live with?" Error questioned.

Ink paused moving for a moment and thought about it. No he doesn't have any other relatives to meet but he can't just crash into Error's house shamelessly. "I do, actually. Thanks for reminding me." He lied, though he did have someone in mind.

"Then you might wanna start packing." Error glanced at the entire room. "Probably leave some stuff behind."

Ink took a deep breath. "I still got an hour to spare."

________________________

"I keep getting a lot of spam calls recently." Killer checked his phone, noticing the amount of missed calls he got from the same people.

"Oh? I wonder why..." Blue spoke in a sarcastic tone, fixing his things inside his bag. Getting no response from Killer made him place a hand on his hip. He was unsure when Killer would finally decide to get back on track instead of living like a jobless 30 year old man.

"Where did you get the money for new stuff?" Killer asked, not bothering to make eye contact.

The other took his time to reply as he didn't know whether telling him the truth was necessary."It's my allowance for this month." He came up with an excuse.

"A hundred dollars as an allowance?" Killer asked in a sarcastic tone. "What are you rich?"

Blue was about to scold him for what he said but decided to just keep it to himself. "You do realize, I can just tell everyone you're here."

"Do me a favor." Killer snatched the remote on the table to turn the television off. "Go to school." He pointed outside, meaning to say that he was tired of hearing Blue's continuous rambling every morning.

The other sighed in defeat. "Water the plants outside, I'm running late." He spoke one last time before heading out.

Killer sighed as well and quickly pulled his whole body on the couch to lie down. He felt the fabric rub against his sweater which gave him a soft feeling of lying on an actual bed. However, he thought that maybe lying down and eating wasn't the best routine for him. Instead of repeating his actions for the past few days, he decided to stand up and make his way outside. Carefully, he gripped on the garden hose nozzle and sprayed the plants with water. He stood with a hand on his hip and a few sighs that would escape his mouth. "Waste of time." He muttered, proceeding to the next set of plants.

It didn't take long for him to finally go around the whole house where he suddenly saw a few torn papers from a newspaper. He released his grip from the sprayer and approached the paper. At first, it felt like it was only junk, not until he read a familiar name. It caught his attention as his brows slowly furrowed. Not a second after, he collected the pieces and immediately went back inside.

The papers he held were placed on the table, when he looked at it, it seemed like he was trying to solve a puzzle. But it wasn't that hard to put the pieces together. "Infamous basketball player dies from a hit and run accident..." He read the headline. The situation was as familiar as ever, it's like it was only yesterday when he heard the exact same news. He scoffed. "Strange."