thirty-six

chapter thirty-six [ you little shits! ]

chapter thirty-six
[ you little shits! ]

the next morning rolled around. melissa managed to get back to max's house after last nights event. she has no idea what happened and either does her two best friends.

but very soon, they'll find out.

"max, do you copy? this is a code red, i repeat, this is a code red! max, melissa, anyone, do you copy!" lucas' voice yelled through the supercomm, making all the girls wake up.

max groaned and rolled over, grabbing the supercomm, "shut. up." she snapped, turning it off and laying back down. she was not in the mood to speak with any of them this early in the morning.

seconds later, max's phone rang.

"i'll get it." melissa yawned, climbing out of max's bed and picking up the phone, "look, we're sleeping. leave us the fuck alone." she spat into the phone, about to hang it up.

"melissa."

"billy?" she questioned, making mike on the other side furrow his eyebrows in confusion and the two girls in the room look at each other.

"no, this is mike. do not hang up. something happened. something bad. our very lives could be at stake." mike explained on the other side of the phone.

"well, what is it?" melissa asked.

"just come over to my house. we'll explain everything. bring max and el too. hurry." mike then hung up the phone before melissa could say anything else.

she sighed, placing the phone back down and turned toward the girls, "that was micheal."

"what did he say?" eleven asked, sitting up in the bed.

"get dressed. we need to go to mikes, now." melissa told them, as she grabbed some of max's clothes and walked into the bathroom to change, leaving el and max confused.

——————

"i didn't think it was anything at first. i mean, i think i just didn't want to believe it. the first time i felt it was at day of the dead." will began to explain.

the party all sat around in mikes basement while dustin was MIA. melissa struggled to keep her eyes open, the heat was getting to her.

no one noticed it though.

"the power went out that night too." mike added.